Fantasy band: Josh Groban, singer
'I’ll manage them. But I’m taking 30 per cent'
Drums: John Bonham
It’s probably my favourite instrument and as an amateur drummer myself I’ve always been fascinated with different drum styles. He might be an obvious choice but John was one of the most musically diverse drummers on earth. We lost him way too young; it would have been great to see what he could have done later on in his life.
Bass: Victor Wooten
He is the bassist for Béla Fleck and the Flecktones and he is just an absolute monster on the bass. He is one of the most technically proficient guys I’ve seen play in my life. He’s lightning quick. When I think of drums and bass together I think Wooten and Bonham would be unparalleled.
Keyboard: Bruce Hornsby
He’s one of my favourite singer-songwriters and he has an amazing style of his own. He’s known for improvising.
I got to see him play once in a private setting – it was his friend’s birthday party – and he hardly sang at all. He just kind of jammed on his guitar all night. It was one of the most incredible things I’ve witnessed. Everyone knows that he’s a brilliant singer and songwriter but I think people would be blown away to watch him wail for a couple of hours.
Vocals: Freddie Mercury
We’ve got a group that’s cinematic and colourful and we need one of the most dramatic singers of all time to front it so I’ve gone with Freddie. I’ll manage them. But I’m taking 30 per cent.
Film review Michael Glatze biopic isn't about a self-hating gay man gone straight
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Germanwings crash: Captain of doomed plane was only 'on board because he changed job to spend more time with his children'
- 2 Ohio Democrat Teresa Fedor speaks out during abortion debate to reveal she has been raped – and is interrupted by laughter from Republicans
- 3 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
- 4 Germanwings crash: 'Andreas Lubitz planned to marry pregnant girlfriend', claims German report
- 5 Germanwings plane crash: Transcript reveals passengers 'screamed for over five minutes' before plane crashed into mountain
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans