Fantasy band: Lewis Bowman, Chapel Club
'I want to have Scott Walker on vocals – there's no bigger singer'
Percussion: Cults Percussion Ensemble
These Scottish schoolgirls play xylophone, glockenspiel, vibes and timpani. I'm sneaking them in as one entry because they play as though they share a single, beautiful brain.
Cello: Arthur Russell
Russell could bring anything to the band – from space disco beats to sinuous, untethered vocals – and it'd sound ace. But I'll stick him on cello so he can enhance CPE's celestial loveliness with an orchestral edge.
Bass: James Jamerson
Jamerson (the bassist for Motown's session band, The Funk Brothers) is the best of the best. He played bass on Stevie Wonder's “Uptight” and Marvin Gaye's “What's Going On”, plus he can play upright double bass, which is what we're after.
Vocals and lyrics: Scott Walker
You need a big singer for music with this much atmosphere, and there's no one bigger than Scott. I'd have him pour some Scott 2-style poetry over proceedings, all wishes, whispers and strange grief.
Producer: Noah Lennox
Having a band member who can record, engineer and produce seems like a good idea, and Lennox has an open mind, superb taste and a searching spirit. Plus, he'd provide lovely backing vocals and be a good counterpoint to Scott.
Chapel Club tour from 23-27 March, playing Birmingham, Leeds, Glasgow, London and Brighton. Their second album, 'Good Together', is out in June (chapelclub.com)
Maisie Williams single-handedly rises to the challengeTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Mystery man who gave mum heart-warming note on train 'wanted to put a smile on her face'
- 3 Michelle Obama highlights harsh restrictions faced by Saudi women after meeting King Salman without wearing a headscarf
- 4 Mafia's wall of silence broken: Victim of Cosa Nostra's extortion rackets in its Corleone heartland co-operates with authorities for the first time ever
- 5 Amal Clooney gives excellent answer to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures