From Winehouse to Westwood: Sgt Pepper mk II
It is one of the most distinctive album covers in British pop music history, featuring some of the most iconic faces of its day.
But 45 years on from the release of The Beatles' Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, the sleeve's artist has given it a revamp to include the British cultural icons of his life to celebrate his 80th birthday.
Using computer editing rather than the cardboard cutouts of the original, Sir Peter Blake has pulled together icons from across the cultural spectrum, featuring pioneering artists, designers, directors, musicians, writers, film stars, fashion designers and chefs, as well as including himself and his own family.
Watch the video above to hear Sir Peter talking about his creation, that he will officially unveil at his 80th birthday celebrations, being held at Wayne Hemingway MBE's Vintage Festival on 13-15 July.
Among those that can be seen on the Sgt Pepper's 2012 image are:
Justin de Villeneuve
Monty Python (Foot)
Tim Berners Lee
Listen to his collaboration with Naughty Boymusic
Film review Michael Glatze biopic isn't about a self-hating gay man gone straight
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Tidal launch: The most pretentious lines from Alicia Keys' valedictory speech
- 2 Britain First 'acting like Ukip henchmen' by invading meeting of activists in revenge for pub protest against Nigel Farage
- 3 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 4 Tidal: Jay Z's Spotify rival streaming service criticised for making wealthy artists even richer
- 5 Brixton squat flats now costing up to £3k per month show how out of control rent is in London
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers