One to watch: Emily Wells, singer, 30
Friday 12 April 2013
Is this the way from Amarillo? Wells hails from Tony Christie's favourite Texan town, but there's something altogether more otherworldly about her sound.
Having written a song for the Stoker soundtrack, this summer the classically trained musician releases her debut album, Mama, full of weird, dreamy folk songs delivered in a Southern drawl. Meanwhile, a side project, Pillowfight, with hip-hop producer Dan the Automator, might just coin a new genre – folk-hop.
Listen to his collaboration with Naughty Boymusic
Film review Michael Glatze biopic isn't about a self-hating gay man gone straight
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 2 Google April Fools': company unveils backwards search engine and huggable digital assistant
- 3 I might be an MP, but that doesn't stop me fighting sexism with my breasts
- 4 April Fools' Day 2015: The best hoax news stories from around the internet
- 5 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers
Katie Hopkins reported to the police for race hatred by Labour MP Simon Danczuk after tweet about Pakistani men