Picture preview: Norman Ackroyd, Shetland, Zillah Bell Gallery
Wednesday 24 October 2012
Royal Academician Norman Ackroyd is famous for his atmospheric monochrome etchings of the
His new prints, inspired by the breathtaking coast and islands which make up the Shetland Archipelago, resonate with the ominous power of the ocean and the weather.
They will be on display at the Zillah Bell Gallery in Thirsk from Saturday.
“Shetland is the final statement of a three year project attempting to understand that ultimate fringe of the British Isles made up of a necklace of rocks and skerries that stretch North East from St. Kilda for 400 miles via Flannan, Sula, North Rona, Foula and Papa Stour to the Rumblings, Muckle Flugga and finally to Out Stack,” Ackland said.
24 November until 20 January 2013, Zillah Bell Gallery, Thirsk, North Yorkshire
A The film has amassed an estimated $28.7 million in its opening weekend
A statement was published on his fansite, True To You, following release of new album
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Three of Pope Francis' relatives die in Argentina car crash, including two young great-nephews
- 2 Michael Brown shooting: Amnesty International sends team within US for first time as National Guard deployed
- 3 Reading Festival 2014: Tesco branch replaces salad with Jager and potatoes for vodka as campsite opens tomorrow
- 4 Here’s the damning letter Robin Williams wrote to his Mrs Doubtfire co-star's principal after they expelled her
- 5 Ferguson protests: 90-year-old Holocaust survivor Hedy Epstein ‘arrested’ by police during St Louis demonstrations
JK Rowling drops new Harry Potter story on Pottermore: Introducing Celestina Warbuck, the 'Singing Sorceress'
Best movies on Netflix UK and US: 32 films that will end your endless scrolling
Reading Festival 2014: Tesco branch replaces salad with Jager and potatoes for vodka as campsite opens tomorrow
Kate Bush: Previously unseen photographs reveal new side to comeback star
Celebrity Big Brother 2014 contestants: Meet Kellie Maloney, formerly known as Frank Maloney
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Crisis? What crisis? A visiting US doctor gives the NHS a rave review
Ukip MEP calls for reintroduction of death penalty on fiftieth anniversary of last deaths
Russell Brand calls for Israel boycott: Comedian urges big businesses that 'facilitate the oppression of people in Gaza' to pull funding
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
World peace? These are the only 11 countries in the world that are actually free from conflict