Picture preview: Norman Ackroyd, Shetland, Zillah Bell Gallery
Wednesday 24 October 2012
Royal Academician Norman Ackroyd is famous for his atmospheric monochrome etchings of the
His new prints, inspired by the breathtaking coast and islands which make up the Shetland Archipelago, resonate with the ominous power of the ocean and the weather.
They will be on display at the Zillah Bell Gallery in Thirsk from Saturday.
“Shetland is the final statement of a three year project attempting to understand that ultimate fringe of the British Isles made up of a necklace of rocks and skerries that stretch North East from St. Kilda for 400 miles via Flannan, Sula, North Rona, Foula and Papa Stour to the Rumblings, Muckle Flugga and finally to Out Stack,” Ackland said.
24 November until 20 January 2013, Zillah Bell Gallery, Thirsk, North Yorkshire
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Sabina Altynbekova, the girl branded 'too good looking' for volleyball, says social media obsession with her is a 'bit much'
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 4 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- 5 Zayn Malik on Israel-Gaza: One Direction singer bombarded with Twitter death threats after posting #FreePalestine
New Netflix releases: Films and TV shows coming August 2014
Samuel Beckett's biographer reveals secrets of the writer's time as a French Resistance spy
Best movies on Netflix UK and US: 32 films that will end your endless scrolling
Star Wars Episode 7: Simon Pegg hints at role
Star Wars 7: Plot details 'leak', with sequel's opening sequence and premise revealed
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
- < Previous
- Next >