Portfolio: Celine Clanet
Sunday 03 January 2010
Celine Clanet is a 32-year-old graphic designer and photographer based in France. "Ever since I was a child I've been obsessed with polar areas and their sheer beauty," explains Clanet of her series "Máze", showcased here.
"Five years ago I stayed for three months in Máze, an isolated settlement of reindeer herders in Norwegian Lapland, taking pictures that focused on the connections between territory and identity. This picture, of sisters Linn and Maritan, was shot on the edge of the village. I asked them to stare at the camera and the dog just joined in. The sisters are both wearing home-made wool fleeces, providing an interesting contrast with their contemporary tracksuits; they like to mix the traditional withthe modern."
Click here or on the image above to see the gallery.
Potter's attempt to create an Essex Taj Mahal was a lovely treattv
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Woman accidentally shoots herself in the head while posing for a selfie
- 2 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 3 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 4 Female Muay Thai champion hustles coaches to give them a beating
- 5 16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland