Portfolio: Celine Clanet
Sunday 03 January 2010
Celine Clanet is a 32-year-old graphic designer and photographer based in France. "Ever since I was a child I've been obsessed with polar areas and their sheer beauty," explains Clanet of her series "Máze", showcased here.
"Five years ago I stayed for three months in Máze, an isolated settlement of reindeer herders in Norwegian Lapland, taking pictures that focused on the connections between territory and identity. This picture, of sisters Linn and Maritan, was shot on the edge of the village. I asked them to stare at the camera and the dog just joined in. The sisters are both wearing home-made wool fleeces, providing an interesting contrast with their contemporary tracksuits; they like to mix the traditional withthe modern."
Click here or on the image above to see the gallery.
Review: Imaginative storytelling returns with vigourfilm
Bannatyne leaves Dragon's DenTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 World Cup 2014: 20 things we learned in Brazil
- 2 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 3 War is war: Why I stand with Israel
- 4 L'Oreal cuts ties with Belgium supporter Axelle Despiegelaere after hunting trip photographs
- 5 World Cup 2014: Robin van Persie gives his bronze medal to eccentric Netherlands fan moments after being handed it by Sepp Blatter
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
War is war: Why I stand with Israel
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
Socialist Worker called to apologise over ‘vile’ article saying Eton schoolboy Horatio Chapple's death is ‘reason to save the polar bears’