Portfolio: Celine Clanet
Sunday 03 January 2010
Celine Clanet is a 32-year-old graphic designer and photographer based in France. "Ever since I was a child I've been obsessed with polar areas and their sheer beauty," explains Clanet of her series "Máze", showcased here.
"Five years ago I stayed for three months in Máze, an isolated settlement of reindeer herders in Norwegian Lapland, taking pictures that focused on the connections between territory and identity. This picture, of sisters Linn and Maritan, was shot on the edge of the village. I asked them to stare at the camera and the dog just joined in. The sisters are both wearing home-made wool fleeces, providing an interesting contrast with their contemporary tracksuits; they like to mix the traditional withthe modern."
Click here or on the image above to see the gallery.
tv Jenny Lee may have left, but Miranda Hart and the rest of the midwives deliver the goods
Film The critics but sneer but these unfashionable festive films are our favourites
TV We're so close to knowing what happened to Oliver Hughes, but a last-minute bluff crushes expectations
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
- 2 Antonio Martin shooting: Police and protesters clash over teenager's death just five miles from Ferguson, Missouri
- 3 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
- 4 Hip hop is both racial and political, and for Iggy Azalea to suggest otherwise is insulting
- 5 Man hospitalised with pneumonia after downing eggnog at office Christmas party
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Rozanne Duncan: Ukip expels councillor for 'jaw-dropping' comments made in BBC TV interview
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
BBC director Danny Cohen: Rising UK antisemitism makes me feel more uncomfortable than ever
Alex Salmond has 'broken his word to the Scottish people' says Scottish Lib Dem leader