Portfolio: Celine Clanet
Sunday 03 January 2010
Celine Clanet is a 32-year-old graphic designer and photographer based in France. "Ever since I was a child I've been obsessed with polar areas and their sheer beauty," explains Clanet of her series "Máze", showcased here.
"Five years ago I stayed for three months in Máze, an isolated settlement of reindeer herders in Norwegian Lapland, taking pictures that focused on the connections between territory and identity. This picture, of sisters Linn and Maritan, was shot on the edge of the village. I asked them to stare at the camera and the dog just joined in. The sisters are both wearing home-made wool fleeces, providing an interesting contrast with their contemporary tracksuits; they like to mix the traditional withthe modern."
Click here or on the image above to see the gallery.
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Arts & Ents blogs
YouTube star Rebecca Black is back with Saturday (it's a sequel to Friday, see?)
Norman Rockwell’s 'Saying Grace' tops record week of art auction sales in US
The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
X Factor 2013: Luke Friend wins place in final as Rough Copy sent home
Back from the dead? Family Guy's Brian Griffin 'to make a comeback' after fan petition
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 5 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- < Previous
- Next >