Preview: Annual exhibition of Scottish art
Wednesday 29 June 2011
An annual celebration of the contemporary Scottish art scene will be on display this summer.
A colourful exhibition spanning several generations of artists with Scottish roots, the 'From The Wild To The Wonderful' exhibition will be on display at the Red Rag Gallery in Stow on the Wold, Gloucestershire, from 10 July.
From the rolling Scottish landscape to fast-paced city living, the exhibition captures the essence of Scotland and all its walks of life.
Each of the artists are widely recognized for their contribution to Scottish art, and have had their work displayed throughout the UK and beyond.
Red Rag Gallery Manager Carole Teagle said: "We are always especially pleased to host this annual show, a festival of contemporary Scottish art, the largest single show in our calendar of events.
"It always delights and surprises, and this year we have a strong list of well-known and emerging Scottish artists who are continuing this fine tradition".
To find out more, visit www.redraggallery.co.uk
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Ashya King missing: Police hunt five-year-old boy with brain tumour snatched from Southampton hospital by his parents
- 2 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 3 Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
- 4 Botched ice bucket challenge leaves man critically injured after plane drops hundreds of gallons of water
- 5 Friends reunion: Jennifer Aniston, Lisa Kudrow and Courteney Cox perform mini sketch on Jimmy Kimmel Live
Great British Bake Off 2014: Diana Beard quits after falling ill
Friends reunion: Jennifer Aniston, Lisa Kudrow and Courteney Cox perform mini sketch on Jimmy Kimmel Live
Breaking Bad season 6 hoax: Vince Gilligan has not confirmed a new series
Strictly Come Dancing v X Factor: Simon Cowell blasts BBC over scheduling war
Doctor Who series 8: Ofcom will not investigate lesbian kiss
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Ukip Douglas Carswell defection: Tory MP jumps ship to join Nigel Farage
- < Previous
- Next >