Preview: Sally Stafford
An exhibition capturing the essence of summer is to be unveiled in Bath this weekend.
Rolling meadows and blossoming orchards leap from the canvas in Sally Stafford's seamless collection of paintings.
Drawing inspiration from the woodlands near her home, Stafford uses gold leaf and charcoal from local forests to bring the energy of nature to canvas.
'Forest, Meadows and Dreams' will be on display at Bath Fine Art gallery from 2 July.
An artist of 15 years, Stafford trained at Stroud School of Art and Bower Ashton in Bristol, and has had her work exhibited throughout the UK, Portugal, Australia and Bali.
The exhibition runs until 18 July. For more information, visit www.bathfineart.com
Arts & Ents blogs
I’ve not heard many bands that had quite the same kick as Pendulum did. Their unbelievable fusion of...
The episode begins with Finn (Cory Monteith) at college, partying and accidentally participating in ...
What a wonderful way to end this momentous series in the 50th year of Doctor Who. From the start of ...
- 1 Asteroid nine times the size of the QE2 liner to sail pass Earth
- 2 Notes from a small island: Is Sealand an independent 'micronation' or an illegal fortress?
- 3 British business: We need to stay in the EU - or risk losing up to £92bn a year
- 4 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 5 It’s official: thanks to Stephen Hawking's Israel boycott, anti-Semitism is no more
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.