Preview: Sally Stafford
Thursday 30 June 2011
An exhibition capturing the essence of summer is to be unveiled in Bath this weekend.
Rolling meadows and blossoming orchards leap from the canvas in Sally Stafford's seamless collection of paintings.
Drawing inspiration from the woodlands near her home, Stafford uses gold leaf and charcoal from local forests to bring the energy of nature to canvas.
'Forest, Meadows and Dreams' will be on display at Bath Fine Art gallery from 2 July.
An artist of 15 years, Stafford trained at Stroud School of Art and Bower Ashton in Bristol, and has had her work exhibited throughout the UK, Portugal, Australia and Bali.
The exhibition runs until 18 July. For more information, visit www.bathfineart.com
Final Top Gear reviewTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 BBC told new political editor must be 'impartial' with Nick Robinson reportedly stepping down
- 2 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 3 Humans of New York image of crying gay teen receives best response yet from Ellen DeGeneres
- 4 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office
- 5 Swedish minister gives strongest case yet on why EU should stop turning away asylum seekers
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Osborne to cap family benefits at £23,000 – announced ahead of his post-election Budget