Serpentine Gallery reveals plans for Pavilion
Tuesday 08 May 2012
This year's Serpentine pavilion is designed by architects Herzog & de Meuron and Chinese artist Ai Weiwei.
The Pavilion will take visitors beneath the Serpentine’s lawn to explore the hidden history of its previous Pavilions.
It will be the twelfth commission in the Gallery’s annual series and will be presented as part of the London 2012 Festival. The Pavilion is Herzog & de Meuron and Ai Weiwei’s first collaborative built structure in the UK.
Arts & Ents blogs
Even though there was a complete absence of our favourite odd couple Brienne and Jaime, we got anoth...
Kate Simko is a lady who has constantly worked towards to pushing herself musically. Though she make...
The Photography Blog: ‘Control Order House’ by Edmund Clark – Photographing our response to terrorism
Recent events in Boston have served as a painful reminder of the threat posed by terrorism. In Contr...
- 1 The ‘Beverly Hills’ of Surrey pays more income tax than big cities of the North
- 2 Austerity has hardened the nation's heart
- 3 Tottenham to smash pay scale with £150,000-a-week contract in attempt to tie Gareth Bale to club
- 4 The moral case on tax avoidance is overwhelming - and we all know Google wants to do the right thing
- 5 Sam Wallace: The second coming of Jose Mourinho at Chelsea will be a reunion that can only end in tears
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.