The Barometer: Clooney's Emergency comeback; the art of Kate Moss; Rotten reviews for Riflemind
Friday 26 September 2008
This winter, we can sit back and enjoy ER's 15th and final season, which will be given a shot of adrenalin when George Clooney returns as Dr Doug Ross.
What's the Matter
London's newest live venue and nightclub, Matter, launched with James Lavelle's dance act UNKLE and super-DJ Carl Cox on the decks.
Moss side, Paris
The Musée des Arts Décoratifs, one of Paris's distinguished museums, is planning a gallery showcasing photos of the 34-year-old model.
...and what's not
The importance of being idle
Noel Gallagher cancelled this Saturday's highly anticipated Eden Project gig for fans after being injured at a Toronto gig earlier this month.
One to watch (through your fingers)
Foals singer Yannis Philippakis went on the rampage at their Levi's Ones To Watch gig, trashing the mic stand and drumkit.
Mr Cate Blanchett, Andrew Upton, suffered rotten reviews for his play Riflemind, which premiered at Trafalgar Studios last week.
Arts & Ents blogs
The Full Monty to close in West End after one month despite Olivier nomination
Best films on Netflix: 32 movies that will put an end to your endless scrolling
Game of Thrones' Nikolaj Coster-Waldau on acting one-handed and why Jaime Lannister is not bad
Halle Berry's role in X-Men: Days of Future Past role cut to one scene
Game of Thrones star Sibel Kekilli on why she wants more male nudity in the show
Ukip and Nigel Farage on course for remarkable victory in European elections
Tony Benn was entirely ineffectual - and usually wrong
Katie Hopkins continues campaign to become Britain's most hated talking head with poorly timed Bob Crow tweet
No EU referendum under Labour: Ed Miliband to reveal that vote on membership is ‘unlikely’ in next Parliament if party wins power
Britain’s five richest families worth as much as poorest 20 per cent, says Oxfam
Gender-specific books demean all our children. So the Independent on Sunday will no longer review anything marketed to exclude either sex
- 1 Is your name now 'banned' in Saudi Arabia?
- 2 Gender-specific books demean all our children. So the Independent on Sunday will no longer review anything marketed to exclude either sex
- 3 Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: Did jetliner fly into area controlled by Taliban? Net widens after claims final satellite signal could have been sent from the ground
- 4 Nasa-funded study warns of ‘collapse of civilisation’ in coming decades
- 5 'Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 plane found in Bermuda Triangle!' Viral Facebook links are profiting hackers