The Barometer: Jay Jopling; Florence and the Machine; Kylie's new album; PETA
Friday 09 January 2009
At least Lily Allen thinks so, as she is canoodling with the millionaire art dealer
Florence and the Machine
Flame-haired and covered in glitter, Ms Welch was the hit of the summer festivals and now the kooky songstress has won the Critics' Choice Brit Award. Adele-like success is sure to follow.
Back on the stage as Hamlet and wowing the crowds once again.
...and what's not
Kylie's new album
"Can't get 'Blue Monday' Out of My Head"? Even die-hard fans might feel a bit short-changed by Boombox, Kylie's new collection of remixes.
They do wonderful work but protesting against the live animals set to take part in the upcoming O2 spectacular Ben-Hur is a little bit bah humbug.
What possessed Ricky Wilson et al to appear on ITV's Girls Aloud Party? Duetting on "Sound of the Underground"? Is rock'n'roll dead?
Is the comedy album making a comeback?comedy
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 If you weren't afraid of flying before last week... you probably are now
- 2 Israel-Gaza conflict: The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
- 3 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 4 Lauren Goodger calls for tougher laws on revenge porn after sex tape leaks online
- 5 Iraq crisis: End 'very near' for Christianity after Isis takeover, says Bishop
Israel-Gaza conflict: The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Opponents of Israel's military operation in Gaza are the real enemies of Middle Eastern peace
Were 'Poor Doors' added to mixed developments so wealthy residents don't have to go in alongside social housing tenants?
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia