The Barometer: Jay Jopling; Florence and the Machine; Kylie's new album; PETA
Friday 09 January 2009
At least Lily Allen thinks so, as she is canoodling with the millionaire art dealer
Florence and the Machine
Flame-haired and covered in glitter, Ms Welch was the hit of the summer festivals and now the kooky songstress has won the Critics' Choice Brit Award. Adele-like success is sure to follow.
Back on the stage as Hamlet and wowing the crowds once again.
...and what's not
Kylie's new album
"Can't get 'Blue Monday' Out of My Head"? Even die-hard fans might feel a bit short-changed by Boombox, Kylie's new collection of remixes.
They do wonderful work but protesting against the live animals set to take part in the upcoming O2 spectacular Ben-Hur is a little bit bah humbug.
What possessed Ricky Wilson et al to appear on ITV's Girls Aloud Party? Duetting on "Sound of the Underground"? Is rock'n'roll dead?
Arts & Ents blogs
Too upsetting? Academy members voted for Oscar-winning 12 Years A Slave 'without watching it'
Grace Dent on TV: True Detective, Sky Atlantic
Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role because Natasha Richardson said she wouldn't marry him if he took it
Jessica Alba interview: From Hollywood superwoman to household product CEO
Captain Phillips actor Barkhad Abdi struggles financially despite Oscar nomination
Apple's Tim Cook: Business isn’t just about making profit
Thousands of young people forced to go without food after benefits wrongly stopped under 'draconian' new sanctions regime
Ukraine crisis: New navy chief 'defects' and surrenders Crimean HQ as Putin claims ultranationalists forced intervention
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Ukraine crisis: Russia dismisses '3am ultimatum' as 'total nonsense'
If you're horrified by a flame-roasted dog, you should be shocked at a hog roast
- 1 To those who can’t see the point of International Women’s Day: you are the very reason it exists
- 2 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Too upsetting? Academy members voted for Oscar-winning 12 Years A Slave 'without watching it'
- 5 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role because Natasha Richardson said she wouldn't marry him if he took it