Architecture Update: Messy tenants
Wednesday 08 July 1992
'It's as if a bunch of animals have come out of it,' says Brien Martin, a director of Imry Holdings, which owns the building. 'The Government has left a lot of rubbish in here - it's a health hazard and a fire risk.'
The Government has responsibility for the building for the next five years, and it is being asked to return it to a condition in which it can be relet.
Imry, which once sought permission to demolish the Sixties Brutalist landmark, designed by Erno Goldfinger, now says it plans to restore the building - a move that has delighted the building's admirers, who tried unsuccessfully to have it listed.
Arts & Ents blogs
Stall talk: The arcane rules of chit-chat that take place in the gents'
Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
Miley Cyrus, Robin Thicke and Lady Gaga attacked by Noel Gallagher in 2013 music rant
Doctor Who Christmas special 2013: New pictures released of Matt Smith's finale
Nymphomaniac trailer shown to children at screening of Disney film Frozen
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >