Artist gives birth – in an art gallery
Thursday 27 October 2011
A performance artist who said giving birth is the "highest form of art" has delivered a baby boy – in a New York art gallery.
The Microscope Gallery in Brooklyn said Marni Kotak gave birth to a healthy infant, weighing 9lb 2oz.
Kotak, 36, had set up a home-birth centre at the gallery, turning the space into a brightly decorated bedroom with ocean-blue walls. She gave birth in an inflatable pool.
The gallery said in a statement that "Baby X" was born on Tuesday morning and that a video of the birth will be added to a forthcoming exhibition.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Gun instructor accidentally shot dead by nine-year-old girl with Uzi gun
- 2 Miley Cyrus' homeless MTV VMAs date, Jesse Helt, is wanted by the police
- 3 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 4 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 5 Homer Simpson has taken the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he has
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Jeremy Clarkson is a cultural tumour and needs to be removed, says comedian Frankie Boyle
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
- < Previous
- Next >