Artist lends a helping hand to car lovers
Monday 24 January 2011
Lorenzo Quinn's Vroom Vroom sculpture is installed in its new setting on Park Lane in central London yesterday. The 4m (13ft) sculpture consists of a vintage Fiat 500 – the first car that the sculptor bought – grasped by an oversized aluminium child's hand, which was modelled from Quinn's son.
The exhibition has previously been displayed in Valencia and Abu Dhabi.
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Arsenal 1 Everton 1: Substitute equalises with six minutes to go
booksGeese, gorillas, grandads... and growing up
Arts & Ents blogs
Downton Abbey Christmas special trailer released
Norman Rockwell’s 'Saying Grace' tops record week of art auction sales in US
Metallica play Antarctica: What other bizarre gigs have musicians played?
The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
Back from the dead? Family Guy's Brian Griffin 'to make a comeback' after fan petition
- 1 Turning up the voice of America
- 2 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant
- < Previous
- Next >