Iconic Hollywood costumes go on display at the V&A
Monday 15 October 2012
Celebrated outfits from some of Hollywood's most unforgettable scenes including John Travolta's dancefloor suit and Sharon Stone's leg-crossing mini-dress are being assembled ahead of a major exhibition.
Organisers are putting the finishing touches to a display of screen outfits to be shown at London's V&A Museum from 20 October.
The Hollywood Costume exhibition includes attire from movies such as The Wizard Of Oz, Gone With The Wind and Breakfast At Tiffany's.
Preparations were being made today to dress mannequins in Travolta's famed suit from Saturday Night Fever and Stone's revealing outfit which she wore in thriller Basic Instinct, as well as the Superman suit which the late Christopher Reeve used when he played the superhero.
Arts & Ents blogs
The 50 Best Christmas songs: Bells continue to ring for the Pogues' 'Fairytale of New York'
X Factor winners: Where are they now?
Dancing on Ice 2014 line-up revealed
Ben Whishaw to play Freddie Mercury in Dexter Fletcher film
Doctor Who writer Steven Moffat: Peter Capaldi is worlds away from Malcolm Tucker
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial sign language interpreter was a 'fake'
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 4 Exeter to Edinburgh and back in a day: How one fresher's lost bet left him facing a 900-mile round trip
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial
- < Previous
- Next >