Major modern Greek art exhibition opens in London
Monday 06 June 2011
The most comprehensive exhibition of modern and contemporary Greek art to be staged in the UK, with over fifty works previously unseen in this country, opens in London on Thursday.
Curated by Nadja Argyropoulou, Ntepti Humanism at Faggionato Fine Arts brings together twenty artists working in a broad range of mediums, from photography, sculpture, painting, embroidery and performance art
Including pieces from the 1920s art scene as well as contemporary modern, the show reveals the extraordinary vibrancy of the Greek art scene.
Ntepti Humanism opens 9 June until 12 August 2011 at Faggionato Fine Arts, London www.faggionato.com
To mark Tolstoy's 186th birthdaybooks
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 British tourists 'murdered' in Thailand: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 2 Vivienne Westwood says 'Yes' to Scottish Independence by declaring: 'I hate England'
- 3 Welcome to Cameroon, where drinking Baileys can lead to imprisonment
- 4 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 5 Vogue under fire for 'Big Booty' article
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
£23m Birmingham cycle scheme is attacked by Tory councillor for not catering to the elderly
Salmond accused of laughing off national debt with ‘what are they going to do: invade?’ joke