Sony World Photography Awards 2009: The best photographs in the world
Monday 11 January 2010
From intense close ups of endangered species to the tragedy and horror of war, life in all its diverse forms is celebrated in the Sony World Photography Awards 2009.
The global exhibition opens in London at Art Work Space at The Hempel Hotel, on 20 January 2010.
Running until 29 January, the exhibition showcases photographs by the winners and finalists of the 2009 Sony World Photography Awards, spanning a variety of genres and from across the world.
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
The Google future, including microphones in every ceiling and data sent directly to your brain
Arts & Ents blogs
YouTube star Rebecca Black is back with Saturday (it's a sequel to Friday, see?)
Norman Rockwell’s 'Saying Grace' tops record week of art auction sales in US
X Factor 2013: Luke Friend wins place in final as Rough Copy sent home
Back from the dead? Family Guy's Brian Griffin 'to make a comeback' after fan petition
Katie Hopkins mocks name of sick girl featured in X Factor charity appeal
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 5 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- < Previous
- Next >