Paintings by Dutch masters head for Qatar
Wednesday 02 February 2011
Paintings by Dutch masters like Rembrandt and Vermeer go on display in Qatar next month, the Netherlands' national museum said on Tuesday.
"The aim of the exhibition is to introduce an Arabic public to the Dutch Golden Age," the Rijksmuseum said of the exhibit at the Museum of Islamic Art in Doha from March 11 to June 6.
Entitled "The Golden Age of Dutch Painting, Masterpieces from the Rijksmuseum", the exhibition will include about 40 paintings from the 17th century, a period when the Netherlands led the way in art, exploration and medicine.
They will include works like "A love letter" by Johannes Vermeer and "Self-portrait as the apostle Paul" by Rembrandt van Rijn.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Strictly Come Dancing 2014: Gregg Wallace joins line-up as final celebrities revealed
- 2 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 3 Oil tanker with $100 million cargo goes missing off Texas coast
- 4 Saudi Arabia executes 19 in one half of August in 'disturbing surge of beheadings'
- 5 Brother and sister, Christopher Buckner and Timothy Savoy, arrested for 'committing incest after watching 'The Notebook''
Strictly Come Dancing 2014: Gregg Wallace joins line-up as final celebrities revealed
Great British Bake Off 2014: Ofcom receives 13 complaints about Baked Alaska episode
Nicki Minaj suffers wardrobe malfunction during MTV VMAs performance with Ariana Grande and Jessie J
Friends reunion: Jennifer Aniston, Lisa Kudrow and Courteney Cox perform mini sketch on Jimmy Kimmel Live
Strictly Come Dancing 2014: Meet the contestants
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
- < Previous
- Next >