pick of the week
Tuesday 22 August 1995
To 30 Aug. Concourse Gallery, Barbican, London (0171-638 4141)
From the Sixties artists began to use the book as an art form. The Tate's new display of artists' books uncovers the phenomenon, drawing on its collection of 2,000 such works.
To 26 Nov. Millbank, London SW1 (0171-887 8000)
The Crane Kalman Gallery has brought together 27 artists for The Bold Image, a show whose title says it all. Fine pieces by Heron, Ayres, Kandinsky, Sutherland and others. One of the summer's more interesting shows.
To 9 Sept. 178 Brompton Rd, London SW3 (0171-584 7566)
Robin Thicke admits he didn't write 'Blurred Lines'music
Review: Cilla, ITV TV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained star's white boyfriend Brian Lucas confirms LAPD internally investigating 'racist' detainment
- 2 Isis release 'Flames of War' video warning Obama of attacks troops could face in Iraq
- 3 Pakistani passenger power forces two politicians off plane
- 4 Say yes to 'no-poo': It's been three years since I stopped washing my hair
- 5 John Travolta addresses former pilot's gay romance allegations publicly for the first time: 'That was the lowest I'd ever felt'
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter