pick of the week
Tuesday 22 August 1995
To 30 Aug. Concourse Gallery, Barbican, London (0171-638 4141)
From the Sixties artists began to use the book as an art form. The Tate's new display of artists' books uncovers the phenomenon, drawing on its collection of 2,000 such works.
To 26 Nov. Millbank, London SW1 (0171-887 8000)
The Crane Kalman Gallery has brought together 27 artists for The Bold Image, a show whose title says it all. Fine pieces by Heron, Ayres, Kandinsky, Sutherland and others. One of the summer's more interesting shows.
To 9 Sept. 178 Brompton Rd, London SW3 (0171-584 7566)
Final Top Gear reviewTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Michelle Watt's father says TV presenter killed herself because she was in constant pain
- 2 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 3 'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
- 4 North Korean defector flees to Finland 'with evidence of chemical testing on humans'
- 5 Greek debt crisis: The photograph that conveys the despair of Greece's elderly
Bad luck, One Direction: Paul McCartney doubts success of The Beatles will ever be matched again
This is surely the best way to watch Jaws
Game of Thrones season 6: Daenerys actress Emilia Clarke says '50/50 chance' Jon Snow is alive
The last decade has produced just four UK festival headline acts
What if Nicolas Cage played every character in Game of Thrones?
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture