pick of the week
Tuesday 22 August 1995
To 30 Aug. Concourse Gallery, Barbican, London (0171-638 4141)
From the Sixties artists began to use the book as an art form. The Tate's new display of artists' books uncovers the phenomenon, drawing on its collection of 2,000 such works.
To 26 Nov. Millbank, London SW1 (0171-887 8000)
The Crane Kalman Gallery has brought together 27 artists for The Bold Image, a show whose title says it all. Fine pieces by Heron, Ayres, Kandinsky, Sutherland and others. One of the summer's more interesting shows.
To 9 Sept. 178 Brompton Rd, London SW3 (0171-584 7566)
Will explain back story to fictional kingdom Westeros
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
- 2 Topshop at centre of row over body image as 'shocking' skinny mannequin photo goes viral
- 3 Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson criticised for beer tweet
- 4 The bubble bursts for Sodastream
- 5 If you think Russell Brand’s new book is confused, you should read what his critics have to say about it
JK Rowling's Harry Potter Halloween stories: Dolores Umbridge was based on real person she 'disliked intensely'
Best horror films of all time
Benedict Cumberbatch describes the 'explosive' Sherlock sex scene that will never happen
Downton Abbey season 5 episode 6 - review: Thomas and Lady Edith show sad signs of the times
Halloween 2014: The horror films and scary TV to watch on Netflix
Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic wand'
Huge surge in Ukip support after EU funding row, according to new poll
Ukip ‘exploiting grooming scandal’ to secure party’s first police chief
Nigel Farage: 'There’s nothing wrong with white people blacking up'
Maureen Lipman says 'she can't vote Labour while Ed Miliband is leader'
Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything