What's up Jeff?
A stunning giant rabbit caught shoppers on the hop today as it floated above them.
The helium-filled artwork was created by one of the world's most bankable artists Jeff Koons and is being shown in the UK for the first time.
The 52ft-high balloon will be displayed in London's Covent Garden market until Sunday to tie in with the Tate Modern exhibition Pop Life: Art In A Material World, which opened last week.
Koons , famed for his kitsch sculptures and a series of pornographic images of him and his former porn star wife, modelled the balloon on a 3ft-high stainless steel sculpture Rabbit 1986.
He created the massive silver balloon for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York in 2007, floating through the city's streets above the crowds.
The original sculpture and a film of the parade feature in the Tate Modern exhibition, which continues until January 17.
Arts & Ents blogs
What a wonderful way to end this momentous series in the 50th year of Doctor Who. From the start of ...
Let's talk book blurbs, those quotes you get, usually from other writers, that are meant to entice y...
Fela Kuti, Jewish food and The Great Gatsby are just some of the reasons why the rainy weather ahead...
- 1 Heading for America? Prepare for the longest US immigration queues ever
- 2 Notes from a small island: Is Sealand an independent 'micronation' or an illegal fortress?
- 3 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 4 'Swivel-gate': David Cameron at war with press over 'swivel-eyed loons' slur
- 5 It’s official: thanks to Stephen Hawking's Israel boycott, anti-Semitism is no more
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.