What's up Jeff?
Thursday 08 October 2009
A stunning giant rabbit caught shoppers on the hop today as it floated above them.
The helium-filled artwork was created by one of the world's most bankable artists Jeff Koons and is being shown in the UK for the first time.
The 52ft-high balloon will be displayed in London's Covent Garden market until Sunday to tie in with the Tate Modern exhibition Pop Life: Art In A Material World, which opened last week.
Koons , famed for his kitsch sculptures and a series of pornographic images of him and his former porn star wife, modelled the balloon on a 3ft-high stainless steel sculpture Rabbit 1986.
He created the massive silver balloon for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York in 2007, floating through the city's streets above the crowds.
The original sculpture and a film of the parade feature in the Tate Modern exhibition, which continues until January 17.
Potter's attempt to create an Essex Taj Mahal was a lovely treattv
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Ireland gay marriage vote: 'No' campaign appears to concede amid reports of 'yes' landslide victory
- 2 Purity balls: Girls in the US making virginity pledges as fathers vow to 'protect purity'
- 3 Picture of couple posing with beached dolphin 'that later died' causes outrage
- 4 16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala
- 5 Arsenal fan asks the Queen for tickets to the FA Cup final - gets a reply from Buckingham Palace
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland