Arts & Entertainment: top in 2008
Wednesday 24 December 2008
The top ten was book-ended by your taste for physical comedy, with photographs from the weird world of bodybuilding and the virtuoso's trip that destroyed a priceless Stradivarius.
Your taste for unmasking also shone through - either the allegations that Coldplay plagiarised one of their hits, or the apparent revelation of Banksy's true identity. And you proved to be not bad artists yourselves as your low-tech photo gallery proved.
The love of the red carpet was also apparent, whether it's Daniel Craig at a Bond premier or the glamour of the Oscars. But you needed some guidance too - either in chossing the best DVD boxsets or the 10 best thrillers.
The most read arts and entertainment stories 2008
- Bodyworks - photographs from the weird world of bodybuilding
- The song they didn't write - Coldplay are accused of plagiarism by American band
- The best 10 DVD box sets
- Injured Craig impresses at Bond premiere
- Life through a low-tech lens
- Has Banky's real identity been discovered at last?
- Glamour galore from the Oscars red carpet
- The 10 best thrllers
- Virtuoso trip destroys priceless Stradivarius
TVBBC hopes latest Danish import will spell success
tvU2’s latest record has been accused of promoting sex between men
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Which country would be hardest to invade?
- 2 The man who filmed the Freddie Gray video has been arrested at gunpoint
- 3 Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao live: Mayweather puts on defensive masterclass to win by unanimous decision
- 4 Floyd Mayweather's mouthguard costs $25,000 - enough to fly to Las Vegas and back 18 times
- 5 Royal baby girl born: Duchess of Cambridge's second child will be a princess thanks to Queen
Daredevil, Netflix, TV review: Marvel wins first fight in bid for television domination with Charlie Cox's superhero vigilante
Grace Dent on TV: Peter Kay's Car Share made me genuinely LOL
Fifty Shades of Grey movie shows first sex scene 'after 40 minutes'
London Marathon: Best running songs from Beyoncé and Kendrick Lamar to 'Uptown Funk'
The highly NSFW poster for Gaspar Noé's Love makes Nymphomaniac look like 50 Shades
Over 50,000 families shipped out of London boroughs in the past three years due to welfare cuts and soaring rents
EU asylum policy is 'a direct threat to our civilisation', says Nigel Farage
Indonesia executions live: 'Hysterical' families heard prisoners being shot dead by firing squad
General Election 2015: SNP and its activists 'openly racist' towards the English, Farage says
EU exit would hit UK economy much harder than neighbouring countries, study finds
General Election 2015: UK will be 'run for the wealthy and powerful' if Tories retain power, Labour warns