Arts & Entertainment: top in 2008
Wednesday 24 December 2008
The top ten was book-ended by your taste for physical comedy, with photographs from the weird world of bodybuilding and the virtuoso's trip that destroyed a priceless Stradivarius.
Your taste for unmasking also shone through - either the allegations that Coldplay plagiarised one of their hits, or the apparent revelation of Banksy's true identity. And you proved to be not bad artists yourselves as your low-tech photo gallery proved.
The love of the red carpet was also apparent, whether it's Daniel Craig at a Bond premier or the glamour of the Oscars. But you needed some guidance too - either in chossing the best DVD boxsets or the 10 best thrillers.
The most read arts and entertainment stories 2008
- Bodyworks - photographs from the weird world of bodybuilding
- The song they didn't write - Coldplay are accused of plagiarism by American band
- The best 10 DVD box sets
- Injured Craig impresses at Bond premiere
- Life through a low-tech lens
- Has Banky's real identity been discovered at last?
- Glamour galore from the Oscars red carpet
- The 10 best thrllers
- Virtuoso trip destroys priceless Stradivarius
The best TV shows and films coming to the servicetv
Watch the new House of Cards series three trailerTV
Oscars 2015It was the first time Barney has compered the Academy Awards
Oscars 2015 From Meryl Streep whooping Patricia Arquette's equality speech to Chris Pine in tears
Oscars 2015 Mexican filmmaker uses speech to urge 'respect' for immigrants
TV ReviewThe intrigue deepens as we delve further but don't expect any answers just yet
Razzies 2015 Golden Raspberry Awards 'honours' Cameron Diaz and Kirk Cameron
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
- 2 This restaurant has misunderstood the concept of 'cheese and biscuits'
- 3 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut