Arts & Entertainment: top in 2008
Wednesday 24 December 2008
The top ten was book-ended by your taste for physical comedy, with photographs from the weird world of bodybuilding and the virtuoso's trip that destroyed a priceless Stradivarius.
Your taste for unmasking also shone through - either the allegations that Coldplay plagiarised one of their hits, or the apparent revelation of Banksy's true identity. And you proved to be not bad artists yourselves as your low-tech photo gallery proved.
The love of the red carpet was also apparent, whether it's Daniel Craig at a Bond premier or the glamour of the Oscars. But you needed some guidance too - either in chossing the best DVD boxsets or the 10 best thrillers.
The most read arts and entertainment stories 2008
- Bodyworks - photographs from the weird world of bodybuilding
- The song they didn't write - Coldplay are accused of plagiarism by American band
- The best 10 DVD box sets
- Injured Craig impresses at Bond premiere
- Life through a low-tech lens
- Has Banky's real identity been discovered at last?
- Glamour galore from the Oscars red carpet
- The 10 best thrllers
- Virtuoso trip destroys priceless Stradivarius
Arts & Ents blogs
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’
Katie Hopkins continues campaign to become Britain's most hated talking head with poorly timed Bob Crow tweet
Ukraine crisis: Russia pledges to 'retaliate against sanctions' as Ukrainian president says Crimea vote will not be recognised
The quiet diplomat: Catherine Ashton - recognised and admired in all the world’s troubled countries, yet ridiculed at home
Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 1 Watch: The student election Macklemore parody that isn't completely awful - and all the others that are
- 2 Three-quarters of Britons are saying it wrong - the top ten most common mispronunciations
- 3 Son attacks Apple after it refuses to unlock his late mother’s iPad
- 4 Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 5 First Kiss video: Filmmaker gets 20 strangers to make out on YouTube with awkward results