Sunday 05 December 1993
Helen Mirren on DCI Jane
Tennison, her character in
Prime Suspect, Independent
They are very into body language, the police. They understand it much better than actors. I can never tell when someone is lying, but they know immediately.
Helen Mirren, ibid.
When Larry Olivier came up to smoke my ganja, Noel would sort of tolerate it but was very sniffy about it.
Morris Cargill, a neighbour
of Noel Coward in Jamaica,
Harpers & Queen
I had no idea the ceremony would be so moving . . . It was possibly the march of history and being in such grand surroundings.
Bob Monkhouse, on collecting
his OBE at Buckingham Palace,
Review: A panoramic account of the hacking scandalbooks
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Sabina Altynbekova, the girl branded 'too good looking' for volleyball, says social media obsession with her is a 'bit much'
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- 4 Zayn Malik on Israel-Gaza: One Direction singer bombarded with Twitter death threats after posting #FreePalestine
- 5 'Hello mum, this is going to be hard for you to read ...'
New Netflix releases: Films and TV shows coming August 2014
Samuel Beckett's biographer reveals secrets of the writer's time as a French Resistance spy
Best movies on Netflix UK and US: 32 films that will end your endless scrolling
Star Wars Episode 7: Simon Pegg hints at role
Guardians of the Galaxy - review: A superficial and half-hearted Marvel film
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
- < Previous
- Next >