BOOKS / W H Smith / IoS Family Book Quiz: Winners & Answers
Sunday 06 February 1994
The Griffiths family,
THE TEN RUNNERS-UP:
The Barbary family, Hastings
The Bennett family,
Bury St Edmunds
The Chandler/Mercer family, Liverpool
The Hodgson family, Wimbledon, London SW19
The Holmes family, Liverpool
The Huckerby family,
The North family,
The Van Nooijen family,
The Wadling family,
The Wilson family, Cardiff
1 Peter and Wendy by J M Barrie (also accepted Peter Pan).
3 Watership Down; rabbits.
5 Hans Christian Andersen.
7 A chimpanzee.
8 A bulletin board.
10 A robin.
11 The treasure on Treasure Island.
12 Back in time into the Midnight Garden.
13 Postman Pat's.
16 Stig of the Dump.
17 Father Christmas.
18 Augustus Gloop.
19 They are all pigs.
20 Bilbo Baggins.
21 The Jolly Postman.
22 13 3/4 .
23 The Ugly Duckling.
24 Danny, the Champion of the World (and his father).
25 C S Lewis and J R R Tolkien.
26 Terry Jones.
27 The Chalet School.
28 Mary Poppins.
29 Jolly Tall.
31 A wardrobe.
33 Little Women.
34 A cat.
35 The Iron Man.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 If I were Prime Minister: I'd give tax cuts to the rich, keep Trident, and get my football team wrong
- 2 Top Gear: Jodie Kidd, Philip Glenister and Guy Martin 'in advanced talks' to join show
- 3 General Election 2015: 14-year-old boy asks Nick Clegg – 'can you kill Katie Hopkins?'
- 4 University student in court for allegedly covering housemates' food in window cleaner and spit
- 5 Garland shooting: Isis claims attack on Prophet Mohamed cartoon contest in Texas as its first action on US soil
In defence of liberal democracy
The Rothschild Libel: Why has it taken 200 years for an anti-Semitic slur that emerged from the Battle of Waterloo to be dismissed?
General Election 2015: UK will be 'run for the wealthy and powerful' if Tories retain power, Labour warns
General election live: SNP suspends two members for disrupting Labour rally
Schools forced to act as 'miniature welfare states' with teachers buying underwear and even haircuts for poor pupils
Andy McSmith's Sketch: Feisty audience is the real star of an enlightening show