BOOKS: PICK OF THE WEEK
Ways with Words today & tomorrow Totnes, Devon
Saturday 17 July 1999
Today's highlight has to be Roy Hattersley talking about the pleasures of diary-writing and reading with Andrew O'Hagan.
Diarists offer an idiosyncratic and often entertaining view of their lives and times, a subject Hattersley must have debated on walks with his dog Buster, immortalised in Buster's Diaries, who I hope gets a chance to contribute to the discussion.
Ways with Words Literature Festival, Dartington Hall, Totnes, Devon (01803 867373) today and tomorrow
film Sex scene trailer sees a shirtless Jamie Dornan turn up the heat
Maisie Williams single-handedly rises to the challengeTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
- 2 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 5 Rashida Jones speaks out against male-centric porn saying 'women should have sex and feel good about it'
Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
Hard line on immigration could cost Tories the election