BOOKS: PICK OF THE WEEK
Ways with Words today & tomorrow Totnes, Devon
Saturday 17 July 1999
Today's highlight has to be Roy Hattersley talking about the pleasures of diary-writing and reading with Andrew O'Hagan.
Diarists offer an idiosyncratic and often entertaining view of their lives and times, a subject Hattersley must have debated on walks with his dog Buster, immortalised in Buster's Diaries, who I hope gets a chance to contribute to the discussion.
Ways with Words Literature Festival, Dartington Hall, Totnes, Devon (01803 867373) today and tomorrow
A cautionary tale for ambitious would-be authors
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
Arts & Ents blogs
Downton Abbey Christmas special 2013: New pictures released
Fifty Shades of Grey movie: Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson pictured in first scenes
Back from the dead? Family Guy's Brian Griffin 'to make a comeback' after fan petition
Emma Stone: 'Dating Andrew Garfield makes living in LA a lot less fun'
Katie Hopkins mocks name of sick girl featured in X Factor charity appeal
- 1 Dear Sir Jimmy Savile: A comedian's words of valediction to the nation's trusted uncle
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >