The 10 Best guides to teens
Whether your teenager is a diva, a door-slammer or downright demonic, there’s a book out there to help you
1. Divas & Door Slammers by Charlie Taylor
In a Mumsnet favourite, Taylor clearly explains how to avoid parent-teen relationships ending up on a downward spiral.
2. How to Talk So Kids Will Listen by Adele Faber & Elaine Mazlish
The message is simple: keep the communication lines with your son or daughter open.
3. Help! My Teenager is an Alien by Sarah Newton
Sarah Newton, who hosted the ITV series My Teen's a Nightmare, advises on breaking down the barriers between parents and children.
4. Surviving the Terrible Teens, edited by Roni Jay
Two psychologists and a youth worker have put their heads together to come up with this guide to how to teens think.
5. Parenting a Teen Girl by Lucie Hemmen
A psychologist explains how to raise happy and confident adolescent girls, without stress.
6. Family Lives website
OK, so this is not a book, but it is one of the most helpful resources for parents of teens around, with advice lines and online forums.
7. The Terrible Teens by Kate Figes
Figes doesn't just concern herself with how to handle your teen, she also gives a practical analysis of the difficulties of growing up today.
8. Raise a Happy Teenagerby Suzy Hayman
Counsellor Suzy Hayman offers easy-to-follow advice on conflict points and how talking and negotiating can help solve them.
9. Teenagers by Rob Parsons
Parsons gives clear-sighted advice on coping with this disruptive time, while also giving a series of tips on maintaining relationships as your son or daughter grows up.
10. Whatever! By Gill Hines & Alison Baverstock
Advice on how to raise the thorny topics of sex, drugs and alcohol with your adolescent, and how much independence is too much.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
- 2 Downfall of Dustin 'Screech' Diamond, the 'Saved By The Bell' star charged with bar stabbing
- 3 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 4 Stoke-on-Trent becomes first British city to be classified as 'disaster resilient' by the United Nations
- 5 Sir Winston Churchill’s family begged him not to convert to Islam, letter reveals
The Interview makes £9.6m in online rentals and downloads in a matter of days
Diana West End play 'suggests James Hewitt could be Prince Harry’s father'
Game of Thrones named most-pirated TV show of 2014
Exodus: Gods and Kings banned in the UAE over 'religious mistakes'
Marilyn Manson breaks silence on Lana Del Rey rape clip: 'I wouldn't make a video of that nature'
Millions of Britons struggling to feed themselves and facing malnourishment
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Nigel Farage: Ukip leader named 'Briton of the year' by The Times
Douglas Carswell tells Ukip to stop blaming foreigners as youth poll shows Nigel Farage is even less popular than Nick Clegg