The 10 Best guides to teens
Whether your teenager is a diva, a door-slammer or downright demonic, there’s a book out there to help you
1. Divas & Door Slammers by Charlie Taylor
In a Mumsnet favourite, Taylor clearly explains how to avoid parent-teen relationships ending up on a downward spiral.
2. How to Talk So Kids Will Listen by Adele Faber & Elaine Mazlish
The message is simple: keep the communication lines with your son or daughter open.
3. Help! My Teenager is an Alien by Sarah Newton
Sarah Newton, who hosted the ITV series My Teen's a Nightmare, advises on breaking down the barriers between parents and children.
4. Surviving the Terrible Teens, edited by Roni Jay
Two psychologists and a youth worker have put their heads together to come up with this guide to how to teens think.
5. Parenting a Teen Girl by Lucie Hemmen
A psychologist explains how to raise happy and confident adolescent girls, without stress.
6. Family Lives website
OK, so this is not a book, but it is one of the most helpful resources for parents of teens around, with advice lines and online forums.
7. The Terrible Teens by Kate Figes
Figes doesn't just concern herself with how to handle your teen, she also gives a practical analysis of the difficulties of growing up today.
8. Raise a Happy Teenagerby Suzy Hayman
Counsellor Suzy Hayman offers easy-to-follow advice on conflict points and how talking and negotiating can help solve them.
9. Teenagers by Rob Parsons
Parsons gives clear-sighted advice on coping with this disruptive time, while also giving a series of tips on maintaining relationships as your son or daughter grows up.
10. Whatever! By Gill Hines & Alison Baverstock
Advice on how to raise the thorny topics of sex, drugs and alcohol with your adolescent, and how much independence is too much.
Review: A panoramic account of the hacking scandalbooks
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Russell Brand accuses FOX News anchor Sean Hannity of terrorism after aggressive Israel-Gaza debate
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness – including don’t try to convert other people
- 3 Arturo Vidal to Manchester United: Midfielder set to force through move to Louis van Gaal's Red Devils - reports
- 4 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
- < Previous
- Next >