The 10 Best guides to teens
Whether your teenager is a diva, a door-slammer or downright demonic, there’s a book out there to help you
1. Divas & Door Slammers by Charlie Taylor
In a Mumsnet favourite, Taylor clearly explains how to avoid parent-teen relationships ending up on a downward spiral.
2. How to Talk So Kids Will Listen by Adele Faber & Elaine Mazlish
The message is simple: keep the communication lines with your son or daughter open.
3. Help! My Teenager is an Alien by Sarah Newton
Sarah Newton, who hosted the ITV series My Teen's a Nightmare, advises on breaking down the barriers between parents and children.
4. Surviving the Terrible Teens, edited by Roni Jay
Two psychologists and a youth worker have put their heads together to come up with this guide to how to teens think.
5. Parenting a Teen Girl by Lucie Hemmen
A psychologist explains how to raise happy and confident adolescent girls, without stress.
6. Family Lives website
OK, so this is not a book, but it is one of the most helpful resources for parents of teens around, with advice lines and online forums.
7. The Terrible Teens by Kate Figes
Figes doesn't just concern herself with how to handle your teen, she also gives a practical analysis of the difficulties of growing up today.
8. Raise a Happy Teenagerby Suzy Hayman
Counsellor Suzy Hayman offers easy-to-follow advice on conflict points and how talking and negotiating can help solve them.
9. Teenagers by Rob Parsons
Parsons gives clear-sighted advice on coping with this disruptive time, while also giving a series of tips on maintaining relationships as your son or daughter grows up.
10. Whatever! By Gill Hines & Alison Baverstock
Advice on how to raise the thorny topics of sex, drugs and alcohol with your adolescent, and how much independence is too much.
Review: Of Mice and Men
By opportunistic local hoping to exhibit the work
Fans will be hoping the role finally wins him an Oscar
What do gigantic horse heads tell us about Falkirk?
Finnish Postal Service praises the 'self irony and humour' of the drawings
The actor has confessed to his own insecurities
Allotments are the focus of a new reality show
Arts & Ents blogs
The best movies on Netflix: 32 films that will end your endless scrolling
Video of British Muslims dancing to Pharrell Williams's hit Happy attacked as 'sinful'
Record Store Day 2014: Best exclusives coming to a UK independent record shop near you
Grace Dent on TV: Game of Thrones has jumped the shark
Lady Gaga and Ozzy Osbourne's lyrics named hardest to understand
The food poverty scandal that shames Britain: Nearly 1m people rely on handouts to eat – and benefit reforms may be to blame
US Navy christens huge $3 billion destroyer ship USS Zumwalt that appears as a fishing boat on enemy radar
Scottish independence: It is the English who should be on their knees, begging the Scots to vote ‘No’
Nigel Farage fatigue? Half of voters ‘immune’ to Ukip’s appeal
Nigel Farage: I’m taking on the status quo, and the Establishment’s fighting back
Refugee facing deportation from Sweden saved by fellow passengers refusing to let plane leave
- 1 KFC 'sorry' after lesbian couple are kicked out of Bath restaurant for 'heavy petting'
- 2 West Ham confirm 20-year-old striker Dylan Tombides has died after battle with cancer
- 3 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
- 4 Video of British Muslims dancing to Pharrell Williams's hit Happy attacked as 'sinful'
- 5 PFA Player of the Year: Luis Suarez, Daniel Sturridge and Steven Gerrard all nominated as Liverpool dominate award shortlist