The 10 Best guides to teens
Whether your teenager is a diva, a door-slammer or downright demonic, there’s a book out there to help you
1. Divas & Door Slammers by Charlie Taylor
In a Mumsnet favourite, Taylor clearly explains how to avoid parent-teen relationships ending up on a downward spiral.
2. How to Talk So Kids Will Listen by Adele Faber & Elaine Mazlish
The message is simple: keep the communication lines with your son or daughter open.
3. Help! My Teenager is an Alien by Sarah Newton
Sarah Newton, who hosted the ITV series My Teen's a Nightmare, advises on breaking down the barriers between parents and children.
4. Surviving the Terrible Teens, edited by Roni Jay
Two psychologists and a youth worker have put their heads together to come up with this guide to how to teens think.
5. Parenting a Teen Girl by Lucie Hemmen
A psychologist explains how to raise happy and confident adolescent girls, without stress.
6. Family Lives website
OK, so this is not a book, but it is one of the most helpful resources for parents of teens around, with advice lines and online forums.
7. The Terrible Teens by Kate Figes
Figes doesn't just concern herself with how to handle your teen, she also gives a practical analysis of the difficulties of growing up today.
8. Raise a Happy Teenagerby Suzy Hayman
Counsellor Suzy Hayman offers easy-to-follow advice on conflict points and how talking and negotiating can help solve them.
9. Teenagers by Rob Parsons
Parsons gives clear-sighted advice on coping with this disruptive time, while also giving a series of tips on maintaining relationships as your son or daughter grows up.
10. Whatever! By Gill Hines & Alison Baverstock
Advice on how to raise the thorny topics of sex, drugs and alcohol with your adolescent, and how much independence is too much.
There’s revolution in the air, but one lady’s not for turningTV
Robin Thicke admits he didn't write 'Blurred Lines'music
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Rihanna 'nude photos' claims emerge on 4Chan as hacking scandal continues
- 2 Frank Lampard equalises for Manchester City against Chelsea: how Twitter reacted
- 3 Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 4 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 5 Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair
Downton Abbey series 5, episode 1, review: Revolution still seems far off
The Beatles biographer reveals exclusive original manuscripts of some of the best pop songs ever written
Friends 20th anniversary: The highs and lows of the cast's careers since TV series ended in 2004
Downton Abbey series 5, episode 1, ITV, review: There’s revolution in the air, but one lady’s not for turning
Friends 20th anniversary: Six things we wouldn't have without influential comedy series
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'