The 10 Best guides to teens
Whether your teenager is a diva, a door-slammer or downright demonic, there’s a book out there to help you
1. Divas & Door Slammers by Charlie Taylor
In a Mumsnet favourite, Taylor clearly explains how to avoid parent-teen relationships ending up on a downward spiral.
2. How to Talk So Kids Will Listen by Adele Faber & Elaine Mazlish
The message is simple: keep the communication lines with your son or daughter open.
3. Help! My Teenager is an Alien by Sarah Newton
Sarah Newton, who hosted the ITV series My Teen's a Nightmare, advises on breaking down the barriers between parents and children.
4. Surviving the Terrible Teens, edited by Roni Jay
Two psychologists and a youth worker have put their heads together to come up with this guide to how to teens think.
5. Parenting a Teen Girl by Lucie Hemmen
A psychologist explains how to raise happy and confident adolescent girls, without stress.
6. Family Lives website
OK, so this is not a book, but it is one of the most helpful resources for parents of teens around, with advice lines and online forums.
7. The Terrible Teens by Kate Figes
Figes doesn't just concern herself with how to handle your teen, she also gives a practical analysis of the difficulties of growing up today.
8. Raise a Happy Teenagerby Suzy Hayman
Counsellor Suzy Hayman offers easy-to-follow advice on conflict points and how talking and negotiating can help solve them.
9. Teenagers by Rob Parsons
Parsons gives clear-sighted advice on coping with this disruptive time, while also giving a series of tips on maintaining relationships as your son or daughter grows up.
10. Whatever! By Gill Hines & Alison Baverstock
Advice on how to raise the thorny topics of sex, drugs and alcohol with your adolescent, and how much independence is too much.
Glastonbury Roger Daltrey and Pete Townshend will perform with Paul Weller as their warm-up act
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Qataris pledge to expand Canary Wharf
- 2 #JeSuisEd: People share photos of themselves eating awkwardly in solidarity with Labour leader
- 3 Women think Irish men are the sexiest, survey finds
- 4 Florida couple forced to register as sex offenders for having sex on public beach
- 5 Watch eerie drone footage of destroyed building in Stalingrad
Penny Dreadful, series 2 episode 1, review: It is still gloriously silly
Top Gear: Jodie Kidd, Philip Glenister and Guy Martin 'in advanced talks' to replace Jeremy Clarkson and co
Eurovision 2015: What date and time is the song contest and who are the favourites to win?
They came in with William Caxton's printing press, but typefaces still matter in the digital age
Fifty Shades of Grey movie shows first sex scene 'after 40 minutes'
In defence of liberal democracy
General Election 2015: Post-election 'shambles' looms as 70 per cent of voters say SNP 'should not be able to veto UK government policies'
The Rothschild Libel: Why has it taken 200 years for an anti-Semitic slur that emerged from the Battle of Waterloo to be dismissed?
General Election 2015: UK will be 'run for the wealthy and powerful' if Tories retain power, Labour warns
General election live: SNP suspends two members for disrupting Labour rally
General election live: Booths open at 7am across the country on polling day