The 10 best new memoirs
1. Back from the Brink by Alistair Darling
The former chancellor's book seems delightfully free of the usual politician's artifice.
2. Absolutely: A Memoir by Joanna Lumley
Lumley has done it all, from sex kitten and TV star to activist for the Gurkhas. Read about it here.
3. The Unauthorised Autobiography by Julian Assange
The story of the man behind WikiLeaks is a gripping read.
4. Instead of a Book by Diana Athill
Not quite a traditional memoir, but few of those illuminate their author so deftly and with such grace.
5. How I Won the Yellow Jumper by Ned Boulting
Follow Ned Boulting's journey from bike-racing virgin to aficionado of all things speedy on two wheels.
6. May I Have Your Attention, Please? by James Corden
The star's memoir is an above-average affair in that he devotes a lot of space to addressing his failings.
7. My Father's Fortune by Michael Frayn
The playwright and journalist's first volume of autobiography is beautifully written and deeply insightful.
8. I, Partridge by Alan Partridge
Partridge muses about his time in radio, his break as an archery commentator, and lots more besides.
9. I'm Not Really Here by Paul Lake
An emotional account of footballer Lake's descent from potential superstar to broken man.
10. Small Man in a Book by Rob Brydon
The actor, writer, comedian and voice of Toilet Duck takes a wry look at his life.
Oscars 2015 Mexican filmmaker uses speech to urge 'respect' for immigrants
Oscars 2015 Bringing you all the news from the 87th Academy Awards
TV ReviewThe intrigue deepens as we delve further but don't expect any answers just yet
Razzies 2015 Golden Raspberry Awards 'honours' Cameron Diaz and Kirk Cameron
Film Hollywood's new leading lady talks about her Ramsay Street days
Oscar voter speaks outfilm
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Isis burns thousands of books and rare manuscripts from Mosul's libraries
- 2 Scarlett Johansson new band 'already hit with legal complaint' from another The Singles
- 3 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Alien 5: Sigourney Weaver will reprise Ripley role in new movie, says director Neill Blomkamp
Seinfeld is laughing all the way to the bank: TV show generates $3.1bn in repeat fees since final episode
Wolf Hall finale, review: Simply brilliant TV
All fiction follows one of six basic storylines, according to new research
Fifty Shades of Grey movie shows first sex scene 'after 40 minutes'
Oscars 2015: Birdman beats Boyhood as Eddie Redmayne and Patricia Arquette win big - as it happened
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
Half of Ukip voters say they are prejudiced against people of other races
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
Aqsa Mahmood branded a 'disgrace' by her parents after claims she recruited three UK girls flying to Middle East
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit