The 10 Best non-fiction graphic books
1. The 14th Dalai Lama by Tetsu Saiwai
The history of modern Tibet told via the story of a peasant child who became the 14th Dalai Lama.
2. The Cartoon Introduction to Economics: Vol Two by Grady Klein
Seldom has the "grey science" been more colourful.
3. Feynman by Jim Ottaviani
A pull-no-punches look at exuberant physicist, best-selling author, Nobel Prize-winner and bongo enthusiast Richard Feynman.
4. Leonardo da Vinci by Dan Danko
Painter, sculptor, architect, musician, mathematician – the great Renaissance man sharply observed.
5. The Prince by Niccolo Machiavelli/Ronald Wimberly
The political precepts of the Renaissance diplomat and philosopher graphically updated.
6. Bye Bye Babylon by Lamia Ziade
A must-read child's-eye biographical tale of life in Beirut before and during the 1975 Lebanese Civil War.
7. Oil and Water by Steve Duin and Shannon Wheeler
A stunning exploration of the effect of the Deepwater Horizon oil spill on the Gulf of Mexico.
8. Coltrane by Paolo Parisi
Parisi juxtaposes scenes from the legendary saxophonist John Coltrane's personal life with snapshots of his recordings.
9. Evolution: The Story of Life on Earth by Jay Hosler
This book is so charming that you barely notice it fully explores the principles of natural science.
10. Orbit: John Lennon by Marc Shapiro
This 36-pager concentrates on Lennon's post-Beatles life and his final years in Manhattan.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Arizona shooting: Gun instructor accidentally killed by nine-year-old girl with Uzi
- 2 Paul Scholes: Manchester City were so good against Liverpool I felt like turning the television off
- 3 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 4 Homer Simpson has taken the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he has
- 5 Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Great British Bake Off, episode 4, review: Dessert meltdown as heat gets turned up
Doctor Who lesbian kiss sparks Ofcom complaints over 'weird lesbian-lizard perv trip'
Nicki Minaj suffers wardrobe malfunction during MTV VMAs performance with Ariana Grande and Jessie J
Emmys 2014: Benedict Cumberbatch, Martin Freeman and Steven Moffat win big awards for Sherlock
Homer Simpson has taken the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he has
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Jeremy Clarkson is a cultural tumour and needs to be removed, says comedian Frankie Boyle
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
- < Previous
- Next >