The 10 Best Tech Books
1. Free by Chris Anderson
Wired's editor-in-chief rose to fame with The Long Tail, an account of the economics of the web. Free looks at how businesses can prosper by offering services for free.
2. Crowdsourcing by Jeff Howe
Howe's account of how crowds were changing everything from design process to funding models has proved prescient.
3. The Accidental Billionaires by Ben Mezrich
The book behind The Social Network, about the founding of Facebook, it's a captivating spin on a captivating company.
4. Steve Jobs: The Biography by Walter Isaacson
Isaacson's authorised, yet frank, account of the late Apple founder's life might be the first great tech bio and is a must read.
5. I'm Feeling Lucky by Douglas Edwards
Edwards was one of Google's first marketing staffers and here gives a dextrous account of the growth of the search engine's Googleplex.
6. Cognitive Surplus by Clay Shirky
Shirky is a thinker on how old media interacts with new and here looks at how to engage the collective swell of productivity the net has given us.
7. One Click by Richard L Brandt
Brandt's account of how Jeff Bezos built Amazon, the defining customer-orientated business of the digital age, is required reading.
8. The Filter Bubble by Eli Pariser
Writer and MoveOn activist Pariser thinks our internet profiles – social media and the like – limit the amount of things we can discover.
9. The New New Thing by Michael Lewis
Lewis is the master business storyteller. Here he documents the growth of the first web bubble in Silicon Valley.
10. Dark Market by Misha Glenny
The McMafia author's book is like a Bourne thriller chasing those faced with losing everything and those making a criminal mint on the web.
Art Megumi Igarashi criticises Japan's 'backwards' attitude to women's sexual expression
tv Singer could become the most unlikely star of Westeros
Ray Davies' Sunny Afternoon scoops the most awardsTheatre
Grace DentChannel 4 show proves there's no app for happiness
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Rarest Beanie Baby bought for just £10 at car boot sale could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 2 Katie Hopkins and The Sun editor are reported to police for incitement to racial hatred following migrant boat column
- 3 Giorgio Armani criticises the way some gay men dress saying 'a man has to be a man'
- 4 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
- 5 Australian student Tommy Connolly, 23, adopts his pregnant, homeless 17-year-old cousin to give her a chance at 'a better life'
Britain's Got Talent 2015: RSPCA investigating Marc Metral's miming dog after cruelty complaints
Star Wars 7: George Lucas admits he hasn't seen The Force Awakens trailer
Star Wars: Rogue One trailer: Watch the teaser for the Jedi-less Death Star heist film
Avengers: Age of Ultron: 'After credits' scene leaks online
Kevin Spacey's successor at The Old Vic promises a more low-key approach
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
Food banks: One million Britons will soon be using them, according to Trussell Trust
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate