The 10 Best Tech Books
1. Free by Chris Anderson
Wired's editor-in-chief rose to fame with The Long Tail, an account of the economics of the web. Free looks at how businesses can prosper by offering services for free.
2. Crowdsourcing by Jeff Howe
Howe's account of how crowds were changing everything from design process to funding models has proved prescient.
3. The Accidental Billionaires by Ben Mezrich
The book behind The Social Network, about the founding of Facebook, it's a captivating spin on a captivating company.
4. Steve Jobs: The Biography by Walter Isaacson
Isaacson's authorised, yet frank, account of the late Apple founder's life might be the first great tech bio and is a must read.
5. I'm Feeling Lucky by Douglas Edwards
Edwards was one of Google's first marketing staffers and here gives a dextrous account of the growth of the search engine's Googleplex.
6. Cognitive Surplus by Clay Shirky
Shirky is a thinker on how old media interacts with new and here looks at how to engage the collective swell of productivity the net has given us.
7. One Click by Richard L Brandt
Brandt's account of how Jeff Bezos built Amazon, the defining customer-orientated business of the digital age, is required reading.
8. The Filter Bubble by Eli Pariser
Writer and MoveOn activist Pariser thinks our internet profiles – social media and the like – limit the amount of things we can discover.
9. The New New Thing by Michael Lewis
Lewis is the master business storyteller. Here he documents the growth of the first web bubble in Silicon Valley.
10. Dark Market by Misha Glenny
The McMafia author's book is like a Bourne thriller chasing those faced with losing everything and those making a criminal mint on the web.
Oscars 2015 Mexican filmmaker uses speech to urge 'respect' for immigrants
Oscars 2015 Bringing you all the news from the 87th Academy Awards
TV ReviewThe intrigue deepens as we delve further but don't expect any answers just yet
Razzies 2015 Golden Raspberry Awards 'honours' Cameron Diaz and Kirk Cameron
Film Hollywood's new leading lady talks about her Ramsay Street days
Oscar voter speaks outfilm
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 2 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 3 What color is The Dress, white and gold or blue and black? An eyewitness gives a definitive answer
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 Madonna claims jokes about her age tantamount to racism: 'No one would dare to say a degrading remark about being black'
Seinfeld is laughing all the way to the bank: TV show generates $3.1bn in repeat fees since final episode
Eddie Redmayne in The Danish Girl: First look at Oscar winner as transgender artist
Blade Runner sequel: Harrison Ford confirmed to return with Denis Villeneuve directing
All fiction follows one of six basic storylines, according to new research
House of Cards season 3 premiere, review: Has Frank Underwood gone soft?
Oscars 2015: Birdman beats Boyhood as Eddie Redmayne and Patricia Arquette win big - as it happened
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
Half of Ukip voters say they are prejudiced against people of other races
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia