The 50 best summer reads
From gripping thrillers to landmark biographies, Sophie Morris selects the season’s hottest holiday literature
Saturday 19 June 2010
This week’s panel:
Rebecca Armstrong, the deputy features editor of ‘The Independent’;
Selina Hastings, biographer and author ‘The Secret Lives of Somerset Maugham’ (John Murray) is out soon in paperback; Children’s author Ali Sparkes, ‘Wishful Thinking (OUP);Siôn Hamilton, manager of Foyles Charing Cross Road;
Brett Wolstencroft, manager of Daunt Books in Marylebone
Reader email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave your comments and suggestion below
Arts & Ents blogs
Kate Simko is a lady who has constantly worked towards to pushing herself musically. Though she make...
The Photography Blog: ‘Control Order House’ by Edmund Clark – Photographing our response to terrorism
Recent events in Boston have served as a painful reminder of the threat posed by terrorism. In Contr...
I’ve not heard many bands that had quite the same kick as Pendulum did. Their unbelievable fusion of...
- 1 The ‘Beverly Hills’ of Surrey pays more income tax than big cities of the North
- 2 Austerity has hardened the nation's heart
- 3 Tottenham to smash pay scale with £150,000-a-week contract in attempt to tie Gareth Bale to club
- 4 The moral case on tax avoidance is overwhelming - and we all know Google wants to do the right thing
- 5 Sam Wallace: The second coming of Jose Mourinho at Chelsea will be a reunion that can only end in tears
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.