Caught, a standalone thriller by suspense writer Harlan Coben, is Amazon's best-selling Kindle e-book for the week ending March 27, according to a list released March 30 by Publishers Marketplace. In second and third are Stieg Larsson's hit thriller The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and Nicholas Sparks's love story The Last Song, which has been adapted into a film starring Miley Cyrus.
American author Harlan Coben has written 16 previous suspense novels, including a nine-part best-selling series about sports agent and sometimes murder investigator Myron Bolitar and several standalone novels. Caught, which was published on March 23, "tells the story of a missing girl, the community stunned by her loss, the predator who may have taken her, and the reporter who suddenly realizes she can't trust her own instincts about this story-or the motives of the people around her."
New in the top ten is the 12th installment in Alexander McCall Smith's series The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency about Botswana detective Precious Ramotswe.
The Double Comfort Safari Club was released as an e-book on March 4, giving North American readers early access to the title: Its hardcover edition is not due out there until April 20.
Kindle weekly bestsellers:
1. Caught - Harlan Coben (new)
2. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson (1=position last week)
3. The Last Song - Nicholas Sparks (2)
4. The Help - Kathryn Stockett (3)
5. The Girl Who Played With Fire - Stieg Larsson (6)
6. Shutter Island - Dennis Lehane (4)
7. The Silent Sea - Clive Cussler (10)
8. The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks - Rebecca Skloot (7)
9. Eclipse - Stephenie Meyer (re-entry)
10. The Double Comfort Safari Club - Alexander McCall Smith
Source: Publishers' Marketplace
Amazon's Kindle e-reader is available internationally. Kindle e-books can also be read on the Apple iPhone and iPod Touch, on PCs and Macs, and, coming soon, on tablet computers.