Stieg Larsson's The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, followed by his additional two titles in the internationally best-selling Millennium trilogy, are the top three bestsellers in Amazon's Kindle Store, according to a list shared via Publishers Weekly on September 7. Jonathan Franzen's Freedom is new to the list for the week ending September 4.
Released August 31 in the US and due out September 23 in the UK, Freedom is Jonathan Franzen's much-anticipated follow-up to 2001's The Corrections. The book has been getting considerable press and mostly glowing reviews and has been topping best-seller lists throughout the US.
Suzanne Collins's Mockingjay remains high on the best-seller list. The final installment in her internationally best-selling young adult trilogy The Hunger Games is in fifth place, and the recent release of that book has sparked interest in the trilogy's additional titles: first installment The Hunger Games is in seventh place, followed by Catching Fire in eighth.
Kindle weekly best-sellers:
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson (2=position last week)
2. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest - Stieg Larsson (3)
3. The Girl Who Played with Fire - Stieg Larsson (4)
4. Freedom - Jonathan Franzen
5. Mockingjay - Suzanne Collins (1)
6. A Scattered Life - Karen McQuestion (9)
7. The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins (5)
8. Catching Fire - Suzanne Collins (8)
9. The Postcard Killers - James Patterson and Liza Marklund (6)
10. Star Island - Carl Hiaasen (7)
Amazon's Kindle e-reader is available internationally. Kindle e-books can also be read on the Apple iPhone and iPod Touch, PCs and Macs, BlackBerry and Android phones, and tablet computers including the iPad.