Stieg Larsson's The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, the final installment in the Swedish author's hugely popular Millennium trilogy, is Amazon's best-selling Kindle e-book for the week ending May 29, according to a list released June 1 by Publishers Marketplace. Larsson's additional Millennium titles are in second and third.
Hornet's Nest (shown here in its American spelling, which makes the hornet singular) was released at the end of May in the US, nearly a year after the title came out in the UK. While many anxious US readers got ahold of a British copy, and the Kindle book became available in October, the title's top position on the best-seller chart still comes as no surprise.
Other top Kindle titles of the week include 61 Hours, the latest installment in Lee Child's Jack Reacher series, which ends with a cliffhanger for the main character; and Elizabeth Gilbert's 2007 autobiographical novel Eat, Pray, Love, enjoying a new surge in popularity in anticipation of the summer release of a film adaptation starring Julia Roberts.
Kindle weekly bestsellers:
1. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest - Stieg Larsson (new)
2. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson (1=position on May 20)
3. The Girl Who Played With Fire - Stieg Larsson (2)
4. 61 Hours (Jack Reacher, no. 14) - Lee Child (new)
5. Innocent - Scott Turow (4)
6. The Big Short: Inside the Doomsday Machine - Michael Lewis (new)
7. Eat, Pray, Love - Elizabeth Gilbert
8. The 9th Judgment - James Patterson (re-entry)
9. Shit My Dad Says - Justin Halpern (new)
10. The Help - Kathryn Stockett (10)
Source: Publishers' Marketplace
Amazon's Kindle e-reader is available internationally. Kindle e-books can also be read on the Apple iPhone and iPod Touch, on PCs and Macs, and on tablet computers.Reuse content