The Millennium trilogy by late Swedish author Stieg Larsson contines to hold the top spots on Amazon's list of best-selling Kindle e-books for the week ending July 4, according to Amazon.com. The internationally best-selling crime novels are shaping up to be among the most popular reads of the summer, nearly two years after the debut title was released in English translation.
James Patterson's latest thriller, which centers on investigator and former Marine helicopter pilot Jack Morgan, debuts in fourth place after having been released on June 8. The title comes just two months after the release of Patterson's previous book, an installment in his Women's Murder Club series, which also made bestseller lists.
David Nicholls's One Day, Justin Cronin's summer hit The Passage, and Jutsin Halpern's humor collection Sh*t My Dad Says all hang on to spots in the top ten, emerging as hot summer reads. Just one additional title is new to the week's bestsellers: Foreign Influence, Brad Thor's ninth thriller in his series about ex-Navy SEAL Scot Harvath.
Kindle weekly bestsellers:
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson (1=position last week)
2. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest - Stieg Larsson (2)
3. The Girl Who Played with Fire - Stieg Larsson (4)
4. Private - James Patterson (new)
5. Sizzling Sixteen - Janet Evanovich (3)
6. The Passage - Justin Cronin (5)
7. Foreign Influence - Brad Thor (new)
8. One Day - David Nicholls (8)
9. Sh*t My Dad Says - Justin Halpern (7)
10. The Lion - Nelson DeMille (6)
Amazon's Kindle e-reader is available internationally. Kindle e-books can also be read on the Apple iPhone and iPod Touch, PCs and Macs, BlackBerry and Android phones, and tablet computers including the iPad.