Stieg Larsson's The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, from the Swedish author's ever-popular Millennium trilogy, remains Amazon's best-selling Kindle e-book for the week ending May 15, according to a list released May 18 by Publishers Marketplace. Larsson's The Girl Who Played With Fire is in second place, followed by The 9th Judgment by prolific detective writer James Patterson.
New to the week's best-sellers is Heart of the Matter by Emily Giffin, which was published on May 11 and debuted in ninth place on the chart. Giffin has been a perennial best-seller with past "chick-lit" novels Something Borrowed, Something Blue, Baby Proof, and Love the One You're With. Her most recent title is narrated in turn by a pediatric plastic surgeon and his wife, a professor turned stay-at-home mother.
Other titles holding strong in the top ten include Scott Turow's Innocent, a sequel to the author's 1987 debut novel Presumed Innocent, as well as Kathryn Stockett's debut novel The Help, Harlan Coben's latest standalone thriller, and Spoken from the Heart by former US First Lady Laura Bush.
Kindle weekly bestsellers:
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson (1=position last week)
2. The Girl Who Played With Fire - Stieg Larsson (3)
3. The 9th Judgment - James Patterson (2)
4. Innocent - Scott Turow (7)
5. Every Last One - Anna Quindlen (4)
6. The Help - Kathryn Stockett (8)
7. Caught - Harlan Coben (6)
8. Deliver Us From Evil - David Baldacci (re-entry)
9. Heart of the Matter - Emily Giffin (new)
10. Spoken from the Heart - Laura Bush (9)
Source: Publishers' Marketplace
Amazon's Kindle e-reader is available internationally. Kindle e-books can also be read on the Apple iPhone and iPod Touch, on PCs and Macs, and on tablet computers.