Stieg Larsson's Millennium trilogy holds its longstanding place at the top of Amazon's list of best-selling Kindle e-books for the week ending August 15. The three books are followed by Elizabeth Gilbert's 2006 memoir Eat, Pray, Love, which has been enjoying a steady climb in anticipation of the release of the film adaptation.
Tough Customer, the latest romance/suspense novel by American author Sandra Brown, was released on August 10 and debuts in eighth place on the Kindle best-seller list. The story centers on private investigator Dodge Hanley, who sets off on a new case after receiving a phone call from a long-lost lover with a deranged stalker.
Kindle weekly best-sellers:
1. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson (1=position last week)
2. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest - Stieg Larsson (2)
3. The Girl Who Played with Fire - Stieg Larsson (3)
4. Eat, Pray, Love - Elizabeth Gilbert (5)
5. Star Island - Carl Hiaasen (6)
6. The Rembrandt Affair - Daniel Silva (7)
7. Fly Away Home - Jennifer Weiner (4)
8. Tough Customer - Sandra Brown (new)
9. Sh*t My Dad Says - Justin Halpern (9)
10. The Help - Kathryn Stockett (re-entry)
Amazon's Kindle e-reader is available internationally. Kindle e-books can also be read on the Apple iPhone and iPod Touch, PCs and Macs, BlackBerry and Android phones, and tablet computers including the iPad.