The Millennium trilogy by late Swedish author Stieg Larsson contines to hold the top spots on Amazon's list of best-selling Kindle e-books for the week ending June 27, according to Amazon.com. The internationally best-selling crime novels are in first, second, and fourth place, while the newly released Sizzling Sixteen by Janet Evanovich takes third.
Released June 22, Sizzling Sixteen is the 16th installment in Evanovich's bestselling romance/adventure series centered on Stephanie Plum, a lingerie buyer turned bail bondswoman who lives in Trenton, New Jersey.
Another new release to debut in the top ten is David Nicholls's One Day, which topped UK bestseller lists when it was released there in 2009. The novel was released in the US on June 15, the same day that Focus Features announced details about a film adaptation: Due out in theaters in 2011, the love story will star Anne Hathaway and Jim Sturgess as the protagonists whose lives are revisited every July 15 for 20 years.
Other best-sellers of the week include Justin Cronin's summer hit The Passage and Sh*t My Dad Says, a book of humor based on the Twitter account of 29-year-old Justin Halpern.
Kindle weekly bestsellers:
1. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson (2=position last week)
2. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest - Stieg Larsson (1)
3. Sizzling Sixteen - Janet Evanovich (new)
4. The Girl Who Played with Fire - Stieg Larsson (3)
5. The Passage: A Novel - Justin Cronin (4)
6. The Lion - Nelson DeMille (7)
7. Sh*t My Dad Says - Justin Halpern (6)
8. One Day - David Nicholls (new)
9. The Help - Kathryn Stockett (10)
10. The Overton Window - Glenn Beck (5)
Amazon's Kindle e-reader is available internationally. Kindle e-books can also be read on the Apple iPhone and iPod Touch, PCs and Macs, BlackBerry and Android phones, and tablet computers including the iPad.