Stieg Larsson's The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, from the Swedish author's ever-popular Millennium trilogy, remains Amazon's best-selling Kindle e-book for the week ending May 8, according to a list released May 11 by Publishers Marketplace. The latest title by James Patterson and another title from Larsson's Millennium trilogy are in second and third.
New to the week's best-sellers is
The Imperfectionists, by journalist-turned novelist Tom Rachman, which Amazon named as one of the best titles to be released in April. Inspired by the author's career and travels, it contains, in his words, "views over Paris, cocktails in Rome, street markets in Cairo; the ruckus of an old-style newsroom and the shuddering rise of technology; a foreign correspondent faking a news story, a media executive falling for the man she just fired."
Also new on this list are Scott Turow's Innocent, the legal thriller writer's ninth novel and a sequel to his debut title, 1987's Presumed Innocent; and Spoken From the Heart, the just-released memoir by former US first lady Laura Bush.
Kindle weekly bestsellers:
1. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson (1=position last week)
2. The 9th Judgment - James Patterson (3)
3. The Girl Who Played With Fire - Stieg Larsson (4)
4. Every Last One - Anna Quindlen (6)
5. The Imperfectionists - Tom Rachman
6. Caught - Harlan Coben (2)
7. Innocent - Scott Turow
8. The Help - Kathryn Stockett (7)
9. Spoken from the Heart - Laura Bush (new)
10. Deception - Jonathan Kellerman (5)
Source: Publishers' Marketplace
Amazon's Kindle e-reader is available internationally. Kindle e-books can also be read on the Apple iPhone and iPod Touch, on PCs and Macs, and on tablet computers.Reuse content