Stieg Larsson's Millennium trilogy, led by final installment The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, continues to hold the top three spots among Amazon's best-selling Kindle e-books for the week ending June 20, according to Amazon.com. In its fourth week on the list is a title by Justin Halpern that grew out of a Twitter phenomenon.
Twenty-nine-year-old Justin Halpern created a Twitter account, @shitmydadsays, to share the strongly opinionated (and often expletive-heavy) comments made by his 74-year-old father. His Twitter account gradually became a sensation on Twitter, and a book deal followed. Halpern now has more than 1.4 million followers on Twitter, and a television show,
Bleep My Dad Says starring William Shatner, is set to launch in the fall on American television.
Other top titles include Justin Cronin's The Passage, enjoying a second week in the top ten thanks to widespread buzz and glowing reviews, and newly published thriller The Overton Window by American news commentator Glenn Beck.
Kindle weekly bestsellers:
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest - Stieg Larsson (1)
2. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson (2)
3. The Girl Who Played With Fire - Stieg Larsson (4)
4. The Passage - Justin Cronin (3)
5. The Overton Window - Glenn Beck (new)
6. Shit My Dad Says - Justin Halpern (9)
7. The Lion - Nelson DeMille (6)
8. Storm Prey - John Sanford (7)
9. The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner - Stephenie Meyer (5)
10. The Help - Kathyn Stockett (re-entry)
(List excludes all titles priced at $1.00 or less.)
Amazon's Kindle e-reader is available internationally. Kindle e-books can also be read on the Apple iPhone and iPod Touch, on PCs and Macs, on tablet computers, and, coming this summer, on Android phones.