Amazon acquires James Bond US book rights
James Bond has a new American publisher: Amazon.com.
The online giant has acquired rights from the late Ian Fleming's estate for North American rights to his classic spy novels in paper and e-book editions, including Dr No and From Russia With Love.
The books will be available from Amazon as of this summer. Independent stores and Barnes & Noble have usually declined to stock works published by Amazon, a top retail competitor.
Amazon has steadily expanded its publishing programme over the past few years, signing up such celebrities as Penny Marshall and Billy Ray Cyrus and setting up imprints for a wide variety of genres.
The agreement with Fleming's estate is for 10 years.
Arts & Ents blogs
Even though there was a complete absence of our favourite odd couple Brienne and Jaime, we got anoth...
Kate Simko is a lady who has constantly worked towards to pushing herself musically. Though she make...
The Photography Blog: ‘Control Order House’ by Edmund Clark – Photographing our response to terrorism
Recent events in Boston have served as a painful reminder of the threat posed by terrorism. In Contr...
- 1 The ‘Beverly Hills’ of Surrey pays more income tax than big cities of the North
- 2 Austerity has hardened the nation's heart
- 3 Tottenham to smash pay scale with £150,000-a-week contract in attempt to tie Gareth Bale to club
- 4 The moral case on tax avoidance is overwhelming - and we all know Google wants to do the right thing
- 5 Sam Wallace: The second coming of Jose Mourinho at Chelsea will be a reunion that can only end in tears
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.