Booker prize 1: The award for best photobomb goes to...
Will Self may have missed out on his first Booker prize to Hilary Mantel, but he can take consolation in creating the best photobomb in the history of the Bookers. Which may not be too much consolation for losing the £50,000 bounty but it's, well, something.
Photobombing is defined by the ever-dependable Urban Dictionary as "any time the background of a picture hijacks the original focus".
In the photocall for the shortlisted authors, Self found himself holding his title, "Umbrella", up like an actual umbrella behind Mantel's head, ensuring that when she comes to look at the picture on her mantelpiece in years to come. The memory won't be of Booker glory, but of her head nestling in the verbose genius's armpit.
Game of Thrones
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 The difference between a migrant and refugee, in one sentence
- 2 Miley Cyrus calls out hypocrisy of women’s nipples being taboo
- 3 Celebrity Big Brother 2015: Tila Tequila kicked off show after 'describing Hitler as a good man'
- 4 Watch the Supermoon live: How to see the brightest Moon of the year tonight
- 5 iPhone 5c to be discontinued, no iPhone 6c to replace it
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Iain Duncan Smith 'should resign over disability benefit death figures', says Jeremy Corbyn
Stock up on canned food for stock market crash, warns former Gordon Brown adviser
Labour leadership: Jeremy Corbyn voters most likely to believe 'world is controlled by a secretive elite'