'Cooking with Poo' wins prize
Friday 30 March 2012
A prize for the oddest book title of the year has been awarded to Cooking With Poo. Thankfully, the term refers to the Thai nickname of its author, Saiyuud Diwong, rather than to his ingredients. The word translates as "crab".
Second place went to Mr Andoh's Pennine Diary: Memoirs of a Japanese Chicken Sexer in 1935 Hebden Bridge. Third was The Great Singapore Penis Panic and the Future of American Mass Hysteria.
The Diagram Prize is an annual award run by The Bookseller and decided by a public vote on the magazine's website.
Horace Bent, the prize's custodian, said: "It appears that this year's prize will go down in history as a blue year."
Robin Thicke admits he didn't write 'Blurred Lines'music
Review: Cilla, ITV TV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Scottish referendum: So how about the English now being given a chance to split from England?
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 London council removes 'unacceptable' Stamford Hill posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 4 The response to my Pizza Express review has been overwhelming, and taught me a lot about journalism
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'