Kindle bestsellers: 'I, Alex Cross' leads; Stieg Larsson title joins the list
Wednesday 16 December 2009
Amazon.com released its list of weekly bestselling Kindle e-books on December 15. For the week ending December 12, James Patterson's
I, Alex Cross was in the lead, followed by Sue Grafton's
U is for Undertow and Dan Brown's
The Lost Symbol.
I, Alex Cross, James Patterson's latest detective novel, was published November 16 and was a Kindle bestseller for two weeks following its release, then moved to second last week following the release of U is for Undertow.
New to the list this week is Stieg Larsson's The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, the first book in Larsson's posthumously published and internationally best-selling Millenium Trilogy. The title was released as a Kindle edition more than two months ago and is no doubt gaining in popularity following the October Kindle release of the final book in the trilogy, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest. The book version of that title was released in the UK in June, but will not be published in the US until May 2010.
Kindle weekly bestsellers:
1. I, Alex Cross - James Patterson (2=position last week)
2. U is for Undertow - Sue Grafton (1)
3. The Lost Symbol - Dan Brown (3)
4. Pirate Latitudes - Michael Crichton (4)
5. The Help - Kathryn Stockett (new)
6. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson (new)
7. Eclipse - Stephenie Meyer (5)
8. Breaking Dawn - Stephenie Meyer (8)
9. Twilight - Stephenie Meyer (6)
10. True Blue - David Baldacci (10)
Source: Publishers' Marketplace
Amazon's Kindle e-reader is available internationally. Kindle e-books can also be read on the Apple iPhone and iPod Touch using the Kindle iPhone application, now available in 60 countries, and on personal computers using the Kindle for PC application, available in more than 100 countries.
film Sex scene trailer sees a shirtless Jamie Dornan turn up the heat
Maisie Williams single-handedly rises to the challengeTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Woman falls to her death as she celebrates marriage proposal at the edge of Ibiza cliff
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 4 Baldness could soon be treated using stem cells, scientists hope
- 5 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
The Jump 2015 line-up: Joey Essex, Mike Tindall, Jodie Kidd and co take to the slopes
Game of Thrones, season 5: Grey Worm actor Jacob Anderson is all for more male nudity – as long as he can keep his clothes on
Martin Scorsese 'in shock' after death on set of new film Silence
Game of Thrones season 5 trailer: The first full-length look is here
Sia apologises for 'Elastic Heart' music video that sees Shia LaBeouf wrestle 12-year-old Maddie Ziegler
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures