Amazon.com's list of weekly bestselling Kindle e-books, released February 2 by Publishers Marketplace, shows Kathryn Stockett's The Help, Dear John by Nicholas Sparks, and The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold hanging on to the top three spots. Robert Craig's new release The First Rule is also among the most popular e-books for the week ending January 30.
The Help, a best-selling title in both print and electronic editions since its release nearly a year ago, is Stockett's debut novel about a young woman in Jackson, Mississippi at the beginning of the American civil rights movement.
The romance Dear John was published in December 2009 and has been made into a feature film, out in February. Alice Sebold's The Lovely Bones, published in 2002, has gained in popularity with the January release of the Peter Jackson film based on the novel.
Among new titles to the list this week is Robert Craig's The First Rule; released January 12, it is the newest installment in the bestselling author's Joe Pike crime series.
Kindle weekly bestsellers:
1. The Help - Kathryn Stockett (1=previous position)
2. Dear John - Nicholas Sparks (2)
3. The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold (3)
4. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson (5)
5. I, Alex Cross - James Patterson (6)
6. Deeper Than the Dead - Tami Hoag (4)
7. The First Rule - Robert Craig (new)
8. Duality: Guardians of the Light, Book 1 - Renee Wildes (new)
9. The Last Song - Nicholas Sparks (10 on December 29)
10. The Lost Symbol - Dan Brown (8)
Source: Publishers' Marketplace
Amazon's Kindle e-reader is available internationally. Kindle e-books can also be read on the Apple iPhone and iPod Touch using the Kindle iPhone application, and on personal computers using the Kindle for PC application, available in more than 100 countries.