Literary giant graces German book fair
Thursday 07 October 2010
It is what the publisher calls the world's largest book, and features at the annual Frankfurt Book Fair.
The book, which has 128 pages and weighs 200kg, was one of the more unusual features at the fair, opened by the Argentine President Cristina Fernandez.
The fair has about 7,500 exhibitors from more than 110 countries are expected. Digital media have played an increasingly important part at the fair over recent years.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Arts & Ents blogs
The 50 Best Christmas songs: Bells continue to ring for the Pogues' 'Fairytale of New York'
Stall talk: The arcane rules of chit-chat that take place in the gents'
Paul Walker: Fast and Furious cast release video tribute to late star
Nymphomaniac trailer shown to children at screening of Disney film Frozen
The top gay icons (straight up!)
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Nelson Mandela life story: An unconquerable spirit
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
- < Previous
- Next >