Saturday 19 February 1994
Round About a Pound a Week by Maud Pember Reeves, Virago, pounds 7.99. Gripping exploration of poverty in pre- war London. Review by Natasha Walter, 5 February.
Days of Anger by Sylvie Germain, tr Christine Donougher, Dedalus, pounds 8.99. Prizewinning French epic of love and death in le foret profonde. Review by Robert Winder, 14 January.
Georges Perec: A Life in Words by David Bellos, Harvill, pounds 35. Generous biography of the remarkable French novelist. Review by Hugo Barnacle, 11 December.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Paul Scholes: Manchester City were so good against Liverpool I felt like turning the television off
- 2 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 3 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 4 Homer Simpson takes the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he does
- 5 Hello Kitty is not a cat after all
Great British Bake Off, episode 4, review: Heat gets turned up as Iain goes into meltdown
Great British Bake Off 2014: Diana Beard quits due to illness
Homer Simpson takes the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he does
Friends reunion: Jennifer Anniston, Lisa Kudrow and Courteney Cox perform mini sketch on Jimmy Kimmel Live
Kate Bush, Hammersmith Apollo, gig review: Just what everyone was hoping for
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Ukip Douglas Carswell defection: Tory MP jumps ship to join Nigel Farage
- < Previous
- Next >