Saturday 22 January 1994
Days of Anger by Sylvie Germain, Dedalus, pounds 8.99. Stirring epic of love and death in le foret profonde. Review by Robert Winder, 14 January
Georges Perec: A Life in Words by David Bellos, Harvill, pounds 35. Ample and generous biography of the remarkable French novelist. Review by Hugo Barnacle, 11 December.
Travels with Virginia Woolf, edited by Jan Morris, Hogarth, pounds 17.99. Beautiful and eloquent extracts from Woolf's diaries and letters. Review by Natasha Walter, 12 January.
The Road to San Giovanni, Italo Calvino, Tr. Tim Parks, Cape, pounds 12.99. Sweet exercises in memory by the sunny Italian maestro. Winner of the Independent Foreign Fiction Award for October / November
Is the comedy album making a comeback?comedy
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Sabina Altynbekova, the girl branded 'too good looking' for volleyball, says social media obsession with her is a 'bit much'
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 4 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
- < Previous
- Next >