REVIEW OF 'BACK IN BUSINESS'
Saturday 13 May 1995
As readers of the Sun will already know, The Boy from Bermondsey is Back. Grannies all over the country can sleep soundly at night knowing their beloved star is back after his love affair with the bottle. Checking in at a re-hab centre in Maryland, Michael shares with us his progression up the twelve steps, his miserable childhood, his love for Cheryl (his wife) and Candy (his dog). A harrowing read, but as the producer of Barrymore so aptly puts it, "Sod the book, we've got a show to get right!"
Look beyond the usual shows for the best festive telly
elephant appealThe first 23 lots in our charity auction have now gone. But there are 22 more still up for grabs
The battle for control of Stieg Larsson's £30m legacy
Geoffrey Macnab does not like the comedian's big screen debut
Arts & Ents blogs
Exclusive: Young people ‘want UK to stay in Europe’: Four in 10 adults aged 18 to 24 are ‘firmly in favour’ of membership, poll shows
Tom Daley ‘is gay because his father died’ says UK evangelist
Iain Duncan Smith leaves Commons food banks debate early
Kiss and yell: Italian protester charged with sexual assault after kissing riot police officer
PM denies two child limit for benefits is part of Tory welfare policy
Anachronistic and iniquitous, grammar schools are a blot on the British education system
- 1 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 2 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 3 Iain Duncan Smith leaves Commons food banks debate early
- 4 Cycle death inquest: Boyfriend hugs driver of 32 tonne tipper truck that killed his girlfriend
- 5 Burglar steals video tapes of child abuse, hands them into police
- < Previous
- Next >