Thames & Hudson £19.95 (240pp) £17.95 from the Independent Bookshop: 08430 600 030
Art Photography Now, By Susan Bright
This expanded edition tackles art's most fashionable aspect on hazy taxonomic principles. The protean transformations of Cindy Sherman and Gillian Wearing appear as Portraits but the icy portraits of Kate Moss by Mert & Marcus are filed under Fashion.
Richard Misrach's shots of tiny figures in vast seas appear in Landcapes but Nadya Hatakeyama's shimmering reflections of rivers crop up in City. Pretty much every page contains an arresting image, but even art photography captures a moment in time. New York's derelict High Line track has been gentrified since Joel Sternfield shot it in 2001. Sam Taylor-Wood has moved on from midair suspension to feature films.
Books And it is whizzpopping!
MusicThey're running their own restaurants
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Dentist who illegally killed Cecil the lion blames local guides for the scandal
- 2 Kate Winslet thanked 'particularly horrible' girl who bullied her at school after Titanic success
- 3 Norwich paedophile ring: Woman at centre of gang who made children 'sexual play things' guilty of 23 offences
- 4 Black and ethnic minority people twice as likely to be hit by Tory cuts than white people, report finds
- 5 Walter Palmer: American dentist revealed as the killer of Cecil the lion in Zimbabwe
New on Netflix August 2015: From Narcos and Spellbound to Kick Ass 2 and Dinotrux
Listen! Beowulf opening line misinterpreted for 200 years
Heath Ledger's father reveals dead actor's 'Joker diary' written during The Dark Knight
Game of Thrones season 6: New toy line suggests Jon Snow is not among the dead
Spectre: Ellie Goulding is almost definitely singing the theme song to the next Bond film
Labour leadership contender Jeremy Corbyn says 'we can learn a great deal from Karl Marx'
The last thing Labour needs is a leader like Jeremy Corbyn who people want to vote for
Yvette Cooper: Our choice is years of Tory rule under Jeremy Corbyn – or a return to a Labour government
I am the Jeremy Corbyn supporter that many will tell you doesn't exist
Public anger after French sunbather beaten up by gang for wearing a bikini in Reims park
Labour leadership: New poll shows party is now even 'less electable' than under Ed Miliband