Vintage £7.99 (306pp) (free p&p) from 0870 079 8897
Attachment, By Isabel Fonseca
Friday 08 May 2009
What happens when the man that you've been married to for decades turns out to have a double life? Isabel Fonsesca's slinkily assured debut novel shows a wry appreciation of the complexities of modern love.
The 45-year-old Jean Hubbard is an American health writer married to Mark, a top London advertising executive.
It's while on sabbatical on the tropical island of St Jacques that she first comes across a graphic email intended for her husband's eyes only, and which she chooses to answer, impersonating his voice.
Attachment is a novel that presumes to put a woman's mid-life crises – sexual, spiritual and intellectual- centre-stage.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Five-year-old Iris Grace is raising awareness of autism through her extraordinary paintings
- 2 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 3 The Simpsons death: Creator Al Jean would 'kill himself' before a character like Homer or Lisa
- 4 British man raped while urinating in bushes at Oktoberfest beer festival in Germany
- 5 Pope Francis assures atheists: You don’t have to believe in God to go to heaven
Black-ish: America's new 'racist' TV sitcom has had a mixed reception
Cilla, episode 3, ITV, review: Ed Stoppard steals the limelight as Beatles manager Brian Epstein
The Simpsons death: Creator Al Jean would 'kill himself' before a character like Homer or Lisa
The Jungle Book: A tale as old as time
Doctor Who, The Caretaker - review: Bland Earth-based adventure fails to excite
Isis, we are told, is a 'clear and dangerous threat to our way of life'. I’m sorry, but I just don’t buy it
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
'Women, walk wherever you want' posters taken down in Stamford Hill following 'unacceptable' signs separating men and women
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
- < Previous
- Next >