Natural History Museum £30
Photography book review: The Masters of Nature Photography
By Jim Brandenburg, David Doubilet, Pal Hermansen, Frans Lanting, Thomas D Mangelsen, Vincent Munier, Michael Nicholas, Paul Nicklen, Anup Shah and Christian Ziegler
Saturday 31 August 2013
Bringing together the work of "ten of the world's greatest wildlife photographers", all past winners of the Wildlife Photographer of the Year competition, this jaw-dropping collection showcases startlingly different techniques and obsessions.
Each photographer provides a portfolio of 10, career-defining images, and each offers a brief biography and an introduction to the techniques used: Brandenburg majored in Art & Art History, and spent six months photographing white wolves in the Arctic; Doubilet built his own underwater camera after he first used a snorkel and mask when he was eight years old.
Munier is influenced by Japanese art and photography and likes to work in wild, snowy locations. His most recent trips have been to Antarctica and Tibet – "the most extreme and gruelling of all".
Maisie Williams single-handedly rises to the challengeTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Michelle Obama highlights harsh restrictions faced by Saudi women after meeting King Salman without wearing a headscarf
- 3 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
- 4 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 5 Isis publicly behead man in Syrian town square for 'insulting Allah' as he screams for help
Heavy metal producer's corpse to be mutilated by models as per his dying wish
The Jump 2015 line-up: Joey Essex, Mike Tindall, Jodie Kidd and co take to the slopes
Game of Thrones: Grey Worm actor Jacob Anderson is all for more male nudity – as long as he can keep his clothes on
Roald Dahl letter warning student to 'eschew beastly adjectives' goes viral 35 years later
Our fascination with the Arctic from Greek myths to Sky Atlantic's new drama Fortitude
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures